Monday, November 8, 2010

Also...

Jo Jo just started saying "also" today. When he first said it I asked him, "Did you just say also?" He told me, "Yeah." I can't remember what he was asking for, but he said, "I want (whatever it was) and that also." I was cracking up. He's said it twice today. He also told me again that his shoes were awesome. I also love that he and Peanut both say, "prentzels" instead of pretzels. I love that Peanut still has funny little things he says incorrectly.

Bubba started piano lessons today. There's a lady in our ward that conviently lives across the street. My other neighbor was watching Jo Jo the other day and her daughter played a few notes on the piano and she told me this lady was giving her lessons. They're much cheaper than other people I've priced in the past AND she lives across the street. So I asked her yesterday and she said she had an opening on Mondays right after school. He was so excited when I told him after church and had a great first lesson and is already practicing. Now to find some swimming lessons for JP. There's a gym over here that's supposed to have a team, so I'll see if I can figure it out this week.


The view from our seats



Sat. we got to go to our college football game. B works with a guy who has season tickets and didn't want to use them, so we bought them from him and took the two older boys. Alicia watched the two little boys for us. It was great. She took them to two playgrounds and they played in the leaves, built a blanket fort and watched "Cars" and made those turkey hand pictures with leaves as the bodies. I was so thankful for her since the game ended up being really long. B has a parking pass for work so we parked there and then took a free shuttle to the stadium. We had great seats in the end zone. The boys loved when they came down to our side because you could see the players so well. Our team sacked their quarterback about 7 or so times. It was a great game and we completely creamed them 42-7. During half time their kicker was kicking thru our goal post and people in the stands would catch the ball and throw it back. Bubba tried to get one, but the guy next to him got it, but he gave it to Bubba. I stood there watching and thinking, "Don't let him throw it. He'll never make it. It's too far." Well, shame on me because he made it right over the fence. He was so tickled. AJ my BIL was sitting in the student section and from me texting him as to where we were at, he was actually able to find me during half time and then pointed to where they were at. It was pretty cool. They also gave us these big paper fan things that you folded up and when you slapped them against your hand they were incredibly loud. It was crazy how awesome our fans are. We got a wave going around the upper and lower seating areas and it went around six or so times. It was awesome. After the game, the boys ran down to the fence and leaned over and got high fives from all but two players. It was "the best day of their lives."

2 comments:

Janet said...

What a great day! It sounds like a lot of fun. Also....:) I love the music you have on your blog. I meant to tell you a while ago, but forgot. Anyway, I will open your blog while I'm at school sometimes so that we have some music in the classroom. It's great!

Delia said...

How fun that you got to go to the game! Every time we hear about them winning on the news we think of you guys.

That is great that Bubba is doing piano. Perfect now that you have your piano yay!

That is great that you don't have to drive him there either!