Wednesday, October 20, 2010

So the other night when I was putting Peanut to bed he said, "I wish dad was a dentist." I asked why and he said, "Because then we would know him." I reminded him that our dentist is our neighbor and we DO know him. It was the most random out of the blue thing.

B got home last night from Vegas. All of the boys got their "prizes" after he got home from work tonight. He always gets tons of stuff for free during the tradeshow. Like light up keychains, notebooks, highlighters, and Bubba even got a giant rubber band ball. They all have a pile of loot on the floor. He got to hear a speech by Rudy Ruettiger. He's the guy that the movie "Rudy" was about. He got each of the boys an autographed picture. As a matter of fact, they're watching it right now because they've never seen it. Bubba is really into watching football movies lately especially since they're all based on true stories.

I can't figure out why I keep volunteering for stuff. I'm bringing a dozen cupcakes to our school fall festival Fri. night. Each class is also putting together a basket to be auctioned off. I offered to put together the one for Peanut's class. One other mom and I opted to do a Christmas themed basket and she works so she was able to get a couple of things, but I pretty much bought everything for the basket today. And then she wanted me to come over to her house to put the basket together. So tell me if this makes sense. She had three things for it. I had the basket and everything else. Shouldn't she just have given me the things she got and I could've put it together myself? She also lives pretty far from me. Oh well. I'm also in charge of Bubba's class Halloween party. We got tons of moms to help though so really I'll only have to assign everything out. But still I keep wondering why I always volunteer to help. I guess I'm always afraid that no one else will.

Tomorrow night I'm going to see "Eclipse" with my sister for $1 at the university. I'm so excited. I've really wanted to see it again, but it doesn't come out on video until Dec.

2 comments:

Delia said...

You are such a good mom to volunteer. I think that is great.

Maybe that mom wanted to feel more involved in the process or to get to know you better???

I didn't know Eclipse wasn't going to come out until Dec! I haven't seen it yet and was waiting for it to come out on DVD. I thought for sure that it would be out by Halloween! Dang.

Janet said...

You recognize the value of things done well and I think that's awesome! It just gets overwhelming when you have several kids. I remember it being manageable when it was just Kelly and Kevin in school. Now it's so overwhelming I try not to get involved unless they really don't have anyone else. No, it doesn't make sense for you to take everything over to her house. Have fun at the movies! I am ashamed to admit I haven't read any of the Twilight books or seen any of the movies. I really need to get with it!