Monday, October 18, 2010

I really don't know why I wait so long to post because then it takes longer and it becomes a novella. So I'll try to keep it short while updating to the present. Then I'll be better at posting more often (easier said than done).

My mom had Fall break starting Thurs. so she drove up to see us and help me Sat. night and Sun. because B left for Vegas baby Vegas on Sat. afternoon. He went to a tradeshow/conference thingy to stay informed in the real estate world.

Friday we went to the mall and then I met B over at the ATT store so we could add me to his plan. I got a new phone. I was kind of a brat because I really wanted this cute pink phone. I didn't care that it opened with a full keyboard for texting. I suck at texting and didn't have it on my other carrier. But apparently unless I wanted a phone that looked like it belonged from 1994 I had to add some kind of plan for an extra $20 a month. It either had to be unlimited texting or internet or something else like that. I kept insisting that I would just take the ugly phone, but B knew how annoyed I was and insisted I get the cute pink princess phone. He's way too good to me. So I ended up with unlimited texting figuring if someone texted me I'd have it to text back. Anyway, I've been playing with it ever since. I think I sent two or three texts that night just to do it. I can actually do it pretty well since it's a full keyboard. I know, I'm lame. So my mom got to see Bubba's last football practice Fri. night and hear the nice things the coaches said about the team. They got beanies instead of trophies and they're way cooler. I'll have to post a picture later.


Bubba and his buddy Nick doing the chains at JP's game.


Bubba is #76 right in the middle of the huddle.


JP is all the way on the left next to the boy with the long black socks.

Sat. was sadly our last day of football games. And I'm not being sarcastic. I absolutely love to go to games and watch my boys. Driving around to practices all week not so much, so I won't miss that. Bubba's game was in the morning and we won. Actually we completely creamed them- 42-0. We won our last two games after our one and only loss in two seasons. We went home after to change out of our warm clothes and so B could get ready to leave. My sister came over and we ran back out the door to make it to JP's game. They won their first game last weekend and I missed it because I was watching the 2nd half of Bubba's (since they were both at the same time). It was a great game! Then won 8-6. And JP got a flag and stopped them! His shots seem to be helping. He hasn't been in pain as much and the swelling seems to be staying down. The sticker thing worked! I made a chart and he sat in the bathroom on my stool and looked at B and held his hands. B let him do a practice squeeze and realized he needed to take his ring off. He told him he could squeeze as hard as he wanted but he had to relax his leg. I got it right in on the first try this time! He squealed a little, but no hysterical crying and thrashing. So he earned two stickers. I still have to determine how many he needs to earn and he needs to decide what he wants. We had his end of season party at a pizza buffet place and it was great. They have several to choose from and you can keep going back and they have salad bar and dessert pizzas. They each got a dogtag with the team name, year and their name on it. They're really cool and also better than a trophy I think. The coach said something nice about each player before handing them out and I got really misty eyed when he talked about JP and my mom had been at the salad bar and didn't hear and I couldn't even repeat it to her. My sister had to. He basically said that this kid played all year in pain. He was really concerned about his team and came out to every practice and kept playing even though he was in pain. It really touched me that he would recognize that. We've worked out a plan for PE that he will play whatever they're doing and if he starts to hurt then he can stop. I'm so grateful for great teachers that are supportive and willing to help out with all of this.

My mom had to leave today because she starts work again tomorrow. I'm so sad. I love when she comes and not just because she does my sewing and laundry ;) I'll be alone until tomorrow night at 11 ish, so hopefully I'll survive tonight because Jo Jo does NOT like when dad is gone and he doesn't have BOTH of us to put him to bed, so it generally becomes an hour long battle of me going up and down the stairs nine times. Plus, he's been in my bed the last couple of nights because he keeps waking up. Last night he woke up screaming. He must have had a nightmare. Anyway, I was so out of it that I don't even remember bringing him in my bed, just wrestling him while he screamed bloody murder for 10 min. I have no idea what was going on. I must have been really tired.

So I wasn't successful at keeping this short. I plan to try to post more often, though now that football is over it won't be as exciting around here until March when baseball starts.

3 comments:

Delia said...

Texting is a mom's new best friend. I used to be so opposed but now I love it. I can text a message in a couple seconds and then go off to do what I need to and then check it when I have another minute. Huge time saver and just great as a mom. My kids also don't freak out when I text because it only takes me a second. When I get on the phone...different story.

I think that is really cool that they boys got dog tags instead of trophies. What a great idea.

I am so proud of JP for being so brave with his shots!

Delia said...

Ok...so I need to proof read before I press publish. I meant "just great FOR a mom." :)

Janet said...

Great pictures! I totally love the beanies and dog tags instead of trophies--very cool and definitely more usable and practical than a trophy that just collects dust and ends up broken.

I was getting choked up just reading about JP's coach's comments. JP is truly brave and a good example.

I think I might have the same phone! We have AT&T and mine is pink and opens up with a full keyboard. I will have to send you a text. It's been great to have while at work because I can text back and forth to Kelly, Justin, or Kenzie's babysitter and it's not a distraction. I love it!