Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Last week JP did our family home evening lesson, which I'm embarrassed to admit has been getting forgotten now that football has started every night until 8pm. So we're opting for Sundays now. Anyway, he decided he wanted to talk about Jesus. He didn't have a specific plan, but wanted to show some pictures out of the new gospel art book. So I would hold up the picture and he would tell what was happening (because there's not a description under each one). He blew me away. We got to the picture of Jesus raising Jairus' daughter from the dead and I asked if he knew what it was and he told us. He also knew about the picture of Lazarus being raised from the dead. He also told us why He came to earth and what he did for us. He remembered the story of the Ten Lepers as well. He's definitely our special spirit. Sunday I saw him reading his new scriptures in sacrament meeting. I think the only time Bubba opens his is during Primary (and only if they're needed for a lesson). I was floored and actually almost started crying right then and there. B told me when we got home that he was already in 1 Nephi chapter 3. He said he had whispered to him that if he kept reading he would be done before Bubba. He got very excited at that. We have no idea when he started reading them since that was the first time we saw him. What an awesome boy. Hopefully you don't think we're bad parents for the fact that our older child isn't reading, but honestly I never read my scriptures until I was like 12 and even then I never read them all the way thru. Anyhow I just think he's a special boy. All of my boys are special in different ways though.

School starts Thurs. (thank heavens my sanity might halfway return).

1 comment:

Delia said...

I think you are great parents and that is wonderful that JP is so motivated to do that.