Friday, August 20, 2010





I keep forgetting to post these. It was the first time I think I remembered to bring the camera to the pool and it's Aug. I've been trying to take them a couple of times a week. We haven't always stuck to our schedule, but we're making it over there as much as I have energy for. Jo Jo has decided that he likes jumping now. And I mean jumping all the way under the water from off the stairs or off the side of the pool. A couple of times now he's borrowed Peanut's life vest and that's the coolest thing ever. It's still a little big so I stand right there and make sure he comes back up right away. He ran down to the end of the pool (with the vest on luckily) the other day before I could get down there. Luckily I made it in time and told him not to jump until I got there. Then I got out when we were with my sister that same day (before he had the vest on) and he jumped in off the stairs. Luckily my sister was walking in at that moment to keep an eye on him while I was checking the time. She was right there to grab him. In a way it's good that he's not afraid of the water, but at the same time, it's really bad that he's not. He likes to jump to the side of me. Yesterday I decided to see what he'd do if I didn't lift him right away. He actually came to the surface and bobbed for a second. It didn't scare him at all. When he has the vest on he'll kick and do his arms. Also, if I'm holding him, I'll just barely hold him under his belly while he does the same thing. Maybe he'll be swimming by next summer. Peanut was practicing a tiny bit the other day while Jo Jo had his vest. He was staying right by the stairs, but he was swimming a little. The main problem I think is that he insists on plugging his nose, so he only has the use of one hand. Plus, I think he's a little nervous. We're thinking after football of putting him in lessons and JP is interested in learning more advanced swimming. We think it'd be good for his arthritis and that he's got the perfect body for it-uber long legs, and big feet. Maybe he could do some kind of swim team stuff. Anywho, we're enjoying just hanging out the last week and a half of summer.

2 comments:

Delia said...

What a good swimmers. I can see why the pool must be exhausting for you though. :)

Janet said...

I haven't really taken my camera to the pool either. There are too many kids to keep track of for one, and two I know I would probably drop it in the water or it would get splashed, etc.

I have a love/dislike relationship with going to the pool. I dislike all the work it is to get out the door and to keep track of everyone--but I love it when we are there and no one is fighting. We're not sitting at home watching t.v. and when we get home everyone is tired. I'm looking forward to when going to the pool is actually more relaxing and fun.

I loved your post about yours and Jo Jo's conversation. I could here a little voice asking you the questions and also getting louder to make sure you heard him. So cute!