Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Happy Special Days!


Jo Jo really got into mini golfing. I realize it's a bad picture, but I wanted you to see how cool it looked.


Dad and JP before the baptism.


In front of the font.


The three muskateers. Impossible to get a serious picture of these guys.


Transformers...more than meets the eye.


His Joker toy to go with the Batman one he got from Papa and Grandma Susan.

I don't feel like reorganizing all of the pictures. So here you go.

Happy 8th birthday to my sweet JP! His birthday was on the 1st and so on the 31st we went glow-in-the-dark mini golfing with two of his best buddies. We had cake at our house first. I made a Transformer cake. Then we went golfing. We had McGrath's Fish House for dinner. We'd never been and JP loves fish so he's been wanting to go. He was so excited when they had a salmon kid's meal. He even got a free sundae and got his picture with a giant fish hat.

This past Sat. the 7th was his baptism day. It was such a special day for him. On Thurs. night B's mom, step-dad, sister Amy, and her boys Glen and Randall came up from AZ. They brought us B's great-grandpa's piano. Hopefully we'll get Bubba started in lessons soon. We went to Sizzler as a special treat for dinner. Thanks again Grandpa! Fri. morning they came over from their hotel and we went swimming at our pool. We came back after awhile for a sub sandwhich lunch, watermelon, and potato salad that I had intended to make for dinner the night before. It worked out better so that we actually had a lunch that day. After lunch the kids played for awhile outside while we waited for B to get home early from work. Then we went swimming at their hotel. It was really fun and we made a whirpool in the pool. I've never done that before and it was really cool. We came home so I could get dinner ready. We got started a little late with the spaghetti sauce, but actually it was the noodles that took the longest. The cousins spent the night that night and everyone else came over in the morning for the baptism. My mom and brother had arrived Fri. night after dinner while B had taken everyone fishing to help the boys pass off some scout stuff. He was baptized Sat. at 1 pm. This time we went early because at Bubba's we made it just in time for the start. It's so great to have a Priesthood holder in our home who can baptize our boys. JP was very excited. As soon as he was confirmed the Randall/Lee family left. My mom and brother went to eat at JP's choice-Chuck-a-Rama for late lunch/early dinner. They had to leave after because Sun. my cousin would be giving his farewell and Chad's mission president was giving his homecoming. Last week JP went to his first scout activity and will earn his Bobcat this week at pack meeting.

Football practices started last night for both boys. This will be an experiment for JP. We're not sure how he'll do with his arthritis, but he really wanted to play this year. It's a busy week with two practices and Peanut's last t-ball game tonight, dentist and pack meeting on Thurs. It will be B's last pack meeting as cubmaster (Hallelujah!)

The boys and I have been watching all of the Harry Potter movies. We just finished #3 this afternoon. I started reading the final book last week and finished last night. I forgot how good that book is. Now I'm ready for the first part of the final movie in Nov. What I can't figure out, though, is where they'll stop the movie. I hate when they do that.

3 comments:

Delia said...

I am so proud of JP! Happy Birthday too. That cake is awesome Nicole.

Janet said...

It sounds like a busy and fun weekend! Congratulations JP! I know I've said this before, but we really appreciate his good example.

You did an amazing job on the Transformer Cake. It looks fabulous!

Good Luck with football!

Joy said...

What a special day! Your cake looks awesome. That Transformer cake design isn't easy to do with frosting!