Thursday, August 19, 2010

Jo Jo Chatter Box

We went to pick up Bubba's friend for a playdate and we're going swimming when my sister gets here at 1pm. This is the conversation I had with Jo Jo on the way home from picking him up.
J-Where's Weesha's (Alicia my sister) swimsoup?
M-At her house?
J-Oh. At her house?
M-Yes.
J-Where's Weesha's car?
M-At her house.
J-Oh. At her house?
M-Yes.
J-Where's AJ's (Alicia's husband) swimsoup?
M-At his house.
J-Oh. At his house?
M-Yes.
J-Where's AJ's truck?
M-At his work.
J-At his work? Oh.
J-Where's daddy's swimsoup?
M-In his closet.
J-In his closet? Oh.

He has really long conversations with me a lot. And if I don't respond to what he's saying he gets louder and louder until he's screaming it at me. Like on the way to pick up the friend he saw two fire trucks in the station. He kept telling me "There's two fire trucks in there." And I kept responding with "Uh huh. I see them." But that wasn't good enough. I had to practically yell it back at him (after he screamed it a few more times at me) "Yes, there are two fire trucks. I see them." You have to repeat exactly what he tells you so he knows that you are truly listening and not just appeasing him by saying, "Uh Huh." I have to remind B of this constantly as he tends to either not hear him (because he usually does it while he's talking to me), or he doesn't respond correctly. He's a pretty funny kid. Oh another cute thing he said last night. This tells you about what a lazy I've been this week. He ran into the garage when B got home last night, which he does every night. The first thing he told him? "Daddy I got dressed!" He said it very enthusiastically like it was the biggest news of the day. Side note-he's also dressed today.

1 comment:

Delia said...

Hey getting dressed is a big deal...especially in the summer. :) What an adorable boy. Yes our boys MUST be related. :)