Monday, July 19, 2010

Disease and Inspiration

"Thank you for church," is what Jo Jo said in the car after church yesterday. Peanut woke with a fever so I stayed home with him since B has been called as the 13 yr. old Sunday school teacher. What a sweet boy. We must be doing something right. Jo Jo was sick earlier last week. This has been the third time in two months. I keep trying to figure out what it could be. My kids only get sick about once or twice a year generally, so I was convinced it must be something weird. He had a bad fever after his nap one day and then that night threw up on the couch and I picked him up and I'm not sure what I was thinking, but instead of running to the kitchen, I ran him upstairs to the tub. He had a lot in his stomach. It was weird because it was what we'd eaten two days before. He hadn't really eaten since then. So I started wondering if he has some kind of intestinal problem or something. But I'm sure it was just some stupid virus. It justs makes me wonder since it's been three times now so close together. Anyway, it only lasted a day, so that was good. But now after the pool today, Bubba has a headache, which I told him is from being in the heat, not having enough lunch and not drinking enough water. But now Peanut says his throat hurts, JP is complaining of a sick stomach and then fell asleep on the couch. AHHHHH! What the heck?
In other news, we played the game Life for 3 hours yesterday! I was protesting, claiming that it takes like 3 hours. No one believed me until we were done. It didn't help though that for half the game I had to keep checking the instructions. We also had a few meltdowns by a certain child that wasn't spinning the numbers he wanted and wasn't making enough money on his job. I just about banned him from the game.
I also worked on a little bit of my book/story last week. I'm not sure what it will end up being yet. I would love to have enough of a story to make it a full book, but I don't completely know what's going to happen with the story yet. I started quite awhile back. I can't remember when, but the first chapter came to me right away and then half of the second. Anyway, I had about 7 pages for a long time. Then during our first summer library trip I decided to get some books for research. It takes place in Ireland. So I started reading a ton and taking notes and then several weeks ago I wrote another 4 pages. Then last week over two days, I really got into a groove and I'm up to page 21 now. It's funny because I've always liked to write-hence the English Lit. major. And I've thought about it a few times, but never had any ideas. Then one night someone posted a single sentence on fb-"So there I was." And it resulted in my first chapter. Anyway, I've kind of been mixing up the music I listen to in order to get inspired and I found a CD at the library of Irish drinking songs, and now I love it! My sister suggested a band called Flogging Molly and I found some songs to listen to on the internet. They're now my new favorite. And the music has been really inspiring. I need to find a CD of them because on playlist.com I have to keep playing the next song one by one. Anyway, that's what's going on in our neck of the woods.

2 comments:

Janet said...

I'm sorry that your boys aren't feeling well. I hope that changes soon!

I think it's awesome that you are working on a book. From your description it sounds very interesting and I would love to read it someday.

Thank you for letting us know about JP's baptism. I honestly wish that we had unlimited resources so that we could all fly up and be there for him. I'm sorry that we won't be there. We will definitely be thinking of him and your family on that special day.

Jared and Delia said...

That is no fun being sick! I am so sorry. Somehow it just feels wrong being sick when it is nice out.

That is great that you are writing a book/story. I would love to read it when you are done.