Sunday, July 4, 2010

Bowling Boys




These are from last week when we went bowling with my mom. I actually bowled with them this time because I got two free game coupons for myself. I only had to pay for shoes for everyone and that was like $13, so I won't be bowling with them very often if at all for the rest of the summer. Bubba had a good time the first game because he beat everyone, though we don't allow bragging. He was just excited for his score. JP threw a hissy fit because he wasn't doing well. He needs to work on technique and I keep trying to help him, but he gets annoyed with me and wants to do it his way. Peanut had a blast both games and was proud of himself for every pin he knocked down and could care less about his score. This is a testimony to his personality. Second game JP had a better attitude because I told him he wouldn't bowl if he didn't knock it off. He was okay when he'd get a lot, but still a little grumpy when he only got a couple. Bubba was really upset because he wasn't getting a strike every time. He's so competitive-even just with himself. I was just as annoyed that I sucked, but didn't show it. I kept telling them that we were playing to have a fun time. Jo Jo has fun the first game and then we lose him for the second. Next time I'll just take his name off for the second. I don't know if you can really see his shoes, but they have bowling shoes in his size and they're the cutest thing you've ever seen.

2 comments:

Delia said...

Bowling is so fun! I totally stink but I love it anyway.

It bugs me when I plan something fun but the boys are punks about it. It makes me want to stop trying so hard to please them. :)

Janet said...

Bowling is fun--but I'm always surprised at how technical and difficult it is! It's been years since I went bowling. I've always wanted to play a game where we all wear hot-pad holder mittens to bowl. That way it evens the playing field a little. :)