Friday, May 21, 2010


B taught Bubba how to clean a gun on Sun. He was VERY in to it.

So yesterday was my birthday. My sweet husband put a Happy Birthday sign on the mirror. Then he told me he wanted to take me to the mall. He left work at noon and we ate at Panda and then went shopping. The only thing I found was a cute t-shirt for $3 at Dillards. And I used the money my mom sent for that. So it was pretty much uneventful. But the best gift was getting to spend the afternoon with him. Another super gift is the fact that he's taking ALL four of them to Fathers and Sons this weekend. I can't describe how excited I am to have a weekend all to myself. No noise. I'm going shopping and scrapbooking.
We left to get home for when the boys got home from school and he left to get a filling at the dentist. Not a very fun way to end the day for him. When he got home we took the boys shooting. I didn't really want to, but he promised Bubba he would take him to shoot his new gun this week. Oh well. The first 2 places we went that were usual spots have closed off to shooting for some reason. Luckily we saw some guys shooting off the road on the way home and they told us we were allowed to shoot there. They had been shooting whistle pigs-which are a varmit, so you don't need permission to kill them. We just went to have fun. Butch shot some clays up in the air for him and Bubba hit the first three. He was just over the top on the rest. I tried to shoot a couple and that was a flop. I definitely like his gun better than B's because it's lighter. Peanut shot the bow and JP shot his BB gun at a few clays he had set up on some bushes. Then he took off down the hill to hunt for whistle pigs. Which in case you don't know what they are, they look like prairie dogs. He found a bug to shoot the guts out of and was pretty proud of himself for that. Such a boy.


B took Bubba up the hill a little to hunt for some too and a few minutes later I heard a shot. B came tromping up a hill with a dead one in his hands. I went up to take a look and Bubba picked it up for a photo opportunity. If you have a weak stomach, skip the picture.


I didn't expect the damage even though I know what a shotgun does to an animal. I can't describe the smell. It smelled like dead animal, although neither of them seemed to notice. I decided to walk back down the hill. Jo Jo was content to pick up rocks and throw them in whistle pig holes.



To end the day I chose Costa Vida for dinner. All in all, I'd say it was a great birthday. Thanks to all my boys for their sweet cards.
JP's said,
Happy B Day Mom
To: Mama
From:JP
You are a very special mom.
P.S. Love you (the "o" in love was a heart)

Bubba-
Happy Birthday
Hope you have a special day!
Love,
Bubba
P.S. Love you

Bubba helped Peanut write-Happy Birthday Mom!!
Love,
Peanut

As a side note, they gave Bubba the sweetest cards for his birthday. JP's told him that he was a nice brother even though they fight sometimes. Peanut made him two cards with 10's all over and told him he loved him. It almost made me cry because sometimes I worry that he and JP aren't friends and don't really like each other. B keeps assuring me that someday they'll be the best of friends. I sure hope so.
Oh yeah, to answer your question Delia-I did go that fast with everyone. With JP they stopped my labor for about 2 hours, so I don't really count that part. The pushing time cut in half. Then with Peanut I only pushed 3 times-head, shoulders, body. And by the time Jo Jo came around, I astounded not only myself but my doctor as well with one big push-like a water slide. :) I was very fortunate to have such wonderful birth experiences. I also used something like self hypnosis while in labor with the last where I would go into a zone visulizing my beach house and hearing the waves. It really helped. It was funny because with Jo Jo I could hear the nurses asking B about it. He told them I just went into my zone and breathed to get thru it. They said they should video tape it to show to other women to tell them-your labor will NOT be like this. :)

2 comments:

Delia said...

Gorgeous flower field picture. Wow...your birth stories are crazy! Glad you had a good birthday and that you have the weekend all to yourself! Whoo hoo!

Happy Birthday!

Janet said...

Happy Birthday!! You are such a good sport to go shooting on your birthday. I'm so sorry that we forgot and didn't get a card out in time. I need to get my act together! I wish you all the best and hope you have a wonderful weekend to yourself.