Tuesday, May 11, 2010


We finally did a silly one since everyone was being this way anyway.


This is the most decent one out of many, since Peanut made a silly face in almost every picture.

Unfortunately we have church at the crack of dawn this year, so I (like every Sun. now) was the first one up and out of bed. No pancake breakfast in bed for me this year. *sniff* The boys all had to fill out a little sheet of questions of things about your mom in primary. They made me laugh. Here are the questions (other than my name)
1. My mom is ___ years old- 33(B and JP), 31 (P)

2. My mom was born in______- California (B and JP), Utah (P)

3. My mom has ____ eyes- green (P), brownish greenish (B), green and brown (JP)

4. My mom's favorite color is- purple (P), JP originally wrote pink, but wasn't sure so erased it and put ???, Bubba wrote "something." My actual favorite color is a tie between pink and purple so they were both right.

5. My mom's favorite food is- ice cream (JP), broccoli (P), something (B). I do like broccoli, but it's definitely not my favorite.

6. My mom does not like to eat- fish (JP and P), something (B). Clearly one of my children doesn't think he knows much about me. :(

7. My mom likes to _____ for fun- take a nap (JP), pick weeds (P), and go on facebook (B). The facebook answer was given by the primary counselor, I swear I'm not on there all day long. Peanut and I had been picking weeds the day before. Apparently in his mind it was fun.

8. My mom is good at- cleaning (JP), driving (P), cooking (B). Good to know all the yelling while I'm driving helps Peanut know that I'm clearly the better driver.

9. My mom teaches me how to- do my multiplication (JP), read (P), delegate chores (B). Yes, that was his exact word "delegate."

10. We like to ____togehter- play Wii (JP), pick weeds (P), play games (B). Again with the weed picking!

11. I like it when my mom- plays with us (JP), takes me to the park (P), keeps me entertained (B). Yes, Bubba has a very hard time thinking of things to do.

12. I love my mom because- she helps me (JP), she cooks me dinner (P), she's cool (B). He thinks I'm cool!!

After church I was served a yummy grilled cheese on sourdough by my loving husband. It was the only thing that sounded good to me. I even got to eat it on the couch while watching tv. They gave me a box of Sees candy, a massage gift certificate (Yippee), a cake and flowers. The night before we stopped at the store on the way home because Peanut had told B earlier in the day that he really wanted to go to the market to get me flowers. So I stayed in the car and he came out with orange daisies for me. Such a sweet sweet boy. They also decided that I needed a chocolate cake. They know me so well!




After lunch I had a wonderful nap. I could've slept even longer, but I forced myself out of a dead sleep so I would actually go to bed that night. For dinner my awesome husband made one of my favorites-mongolian chicken. The recipe is from PF Changs and it's actually for beef, but he made it with chicken once and it became everyone's favorite. All day my boys kept asking me if there was anything they could do for me. My husband is the best and teaches my boys how to respect mom and treat her like a queen.


Breakfast of champions! You might think I'm a bad mom, but if you had him standing at your feet while you were trying to make jam shouting, "I wan piece a cake" over and over, you'd give in too.

2 comments:

Janet said...

That sounds like a wonderful mother's day! I think cake for breakfast is definitely a lifesaver, (and honestly, the ingredients are not too far from certain cereals, pancakes, or even oatmeal)! It makes me think of an old Bill Cosby piece, "Dad is great! Gives us the chocolate cake!" :)

Delia said...

That questionnaire is so funny! Picking weeds...I love to get a glimpse into what make kids tick.

It sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day! What awesome boys you have.