Friday, January 15, 2010

When It Rains, It Pours

So as you can see from the pictures, Bubba biffed again-on the same side. He was coming home from his friend's house across the street. JP yelled at him not to run (always the little mother) and slipped on the ice. That side of the street doesn't really see the sun and it's been cold enough in the morning that the dew forms ice. It's really slick. So he went down and ended up right on the same side and obviously couldn't catch himself on that side. He ended up with this huge goose egg on his cheek and it was bleeding. Our neighbor called and told me he slipped on his way home and she thought it was the same side. Luckily, B was home so he ran over and got him. He was bawling. It hurt so bad. He couldn't move his arm at all. We hurried and gave him some of the prescription hydrocodone that they had given him last time. Then we took him upstairs and got his shirt off to look at it. It was swollen in that spot, but we didn't know if that was from the healing process from before. B debated if we should take him in or not, but he was crying so hard about his shoulder hurting that he took him to the ER again.


Bubba called awhile later to let me know it was broken worse. The bone was now broken in 2, whereas before it had just been in a "v" shape. He sounded much better so I figured the medicine had kicked in. B said the nurse practitioner was lame and didn't really seem to care or want to do anything more to help it heal. They tried one of those slings that straps the arm to your body, but it was adult sized. I made an appt. for him this morning for Mon., rather than waiting the 1-2 weeks because I really want a better sling to make sure he heals properly. I made him stay home from school today so I can watch how he holds it and so I can give him pain meds if necessary. His cheek is huge today. I wish I could take his pain for him. My sweet little boy. JP was so concerned for him and felt so badly for him. Such a sweet, tender-hearted little brother.

Jo Jo wanted to be in the picture and even posed like Bubba. It was so cute.

1 comment:

Delia said...

Jo Jo looks pleased as pie to have his big brother stay home with him today. So cute! I am so sorry though to hear that he broke his arm - more/again. That would totally stink. Get better Bubba.