Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Sweet Little Bubba Boy


When he broke his arm at 2 yrs. old ON Christmas night. I thought and still think it's so funny how he's smiling so big.


So today Bubba broke his clavicle. I had taken Jo Jo, Peanut and JP to use their Target gift cards from Christmas and then went to Walmart to get a few groceries. Bubba was busted so couldn't come, but went and played football at his friend's house. They live right behind us. So B calls me when I'm checking out and says, "Where are you?"
I said, "In the check out line. Why?"
He said, "Because Bubba broke his collar bone."
Me-"Are you serious? How do you know?"
B-"I can see it."
I just about threw up. Not because I thought it was gross, but because I felt so awful for my sweet little boy. So I was at the Walmart by the hospital fortunately since I had the insurance card (not that I wouldn't have met him anyway). We got there at the same time somehow. I got the story then. They were playing football-which they do almost every day. His friend went up for a pass and his foot slipped and then Bubba fell over him and his shoulder hit the ground. The bone wasn't sticking out like I had pictured fortunately. I couldn't tell a difference, but dad recognized that the left side was dented in a little. After waiting forever for x-rays and the doctor to come back in to tell us what the result was, we found out it was for sure fractured. It was bent upwards, and the doctor said if you're going to break a bone, it was a good one to break. It didn't shatter into 3 pieces like she's seen before, so it really wasn't that bad. The bad news is that he has to wear a sling for 2-4 weeks and he's supposed to hold it at a 45 degree angle. I pinned the sling, but it still doesn't want to stay that angle. He's sleeping in the bean bag so he doesn't accidentally lie on it. He's so brave. He never once cried and said he's okay. I made him take Tylenol before bed anyway. They wrote a prescription for some heavier pain medicine, but all the pharmacies were closed by then. It only hurts him if he moves it on accident or he said when he walks. Um, how is that going to work? I hope it heals in the 2 week time frame. I felt so guilty for not letting him come to the store with me because if I had, it wouldn't have happened. We also have to start church at 8:30 am tomorrow. I would rather die than go that early. :{

Oh yeah, JP's beta fish died yesterday. He got him from Aunt Alicia for his 5th birthday. His name started as JP 5, then became JP 6, and finally JP 7. He's looked pretty pathetic for awhile. I thought it was dead a couple of times because it didn't really move anymore. I asked him if he said goodbye when he flushed it and he said 'no' like I was crazy for asking. Farewell long lived fish.

3 comments:

Delia said...

Poor Bubba! I hope he heals quickly too!

Janet said...

Oh Bubba I am soo sorry!! My brother broke his collar bone when he was younger, and I've had my share of broken bones, so I know how you feel. I hope it heals quickly! Sorry about JP's fish. Kelly had a Beta fish once, and one day it decided not to eat any more and died a few days later. We haven't tried having fish since! Good luck with 8:30 church. We start at 1:00 pm, which is nice to sleep in, but it's pretty hard on nap time. Sorry for the long comment! Have a great week!

paige said...

Poor boy i hope it heals quick! Way to be tough! That fish lived a long life! As for 8:30 am church WOW good luck with that!