Friday, February 20, 2009

Very Advanced for Their Age

Today I was getting Jo Jo dressed while he was lying on the floor. I put his first sock on and then he put it down and held up his other foot. I said, "Good job," and he started clapping. Then I went in the other room to do something and when I came back in he said, "Hi." He's very smart you know. (BTW did you know that having your diaper changed is absolutely the worst torture humanly possible?) He's also started hanging his tongue out of his mouth. It's like his new favorite face to make and JP got a picture of him doing it on the stairs on Sun.

Peanut created this awesome airplane out of Legos today. That kid amazes me. I couldn't even make something like that out of Legos. He had a fortune cookie today and his fortune was so right on. I kept it but I lost it. It said something to the effect that he was a problem solver. I wish I still had it so I could tell you exactly. Anyway, he's very analytical. He's also Captain Staller. He seriously takes an hour to get ready to go anywhere. "I haven't finished eating," "I'm playing right now," "I don't like that shirt." Those are just a few of his excuses. I have to threaten several times to leave without him and usually that just makes him sit and scream for me to help him. Even when I do help him, he is the slowest ever coming over to me. He's really good at night too when he doesn't want to go to sleep. I think that one is our fault because we used to let him stay up and hang out with mom and dad for awhile after we put the older boys to bed. He's also not a very good listener when asked to do something. I've pretty much given up on getting him to do anything whatsoever I've asked him to. Again, my fault for never pushing it on him. He was the baby for three years so if he didn't want to I never made him. Well, now he gets away with not helping most of the time and I'm afraid he won't work as hard as his brothers at stuff as he gets older.


JP brought home his January journal yesterday. They are required to write in it daily and the teacher gives them a prompt like, "My favorite day is..." So I just have to share a few entries. He's my child in so many ways. His penmanship is incredible and his teacher comments on it on like every paper he does. He's also a very good speller and writer. He's so sweet too; he included his brother and family in a couple.
Jan. 14-Cars of the future will have remote controls and my
brother and me will ride in the car. (This one also
had a drawing of them in the car.)
Jan. 21-Martin [Luther King Jr.] wanted to mix white and black
people together and make white and black to play
together.
Jan. 22-Dr. King won the Nobel peace prize because he wanted
them to be peaceful and because somebody threw a bomb
in his house and he didn't want to fight back.
Jan. 21-I enjoy homework because you are spending time with
your mom and dad and because I enjoy doing it.
Feb. 3-My favorite day is Saturday. I like it because you
spend time with your family and because you can have
fun with your family.
He always gets nice comments from his teacher on how detailed his answers are. I really don't think a lot of the other kids give nice complete answers like that. So as you can see, my children are all very special and advanced:) That makes up for how crazy and gross they are the rest of the time. They finally got their chess ribbons today at chess club so here's a picture of their silly faces with their ribbons because heaven forbid they should actually just give a nice regular smile.

3 comments:

Jared and Delia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jared and Delia said...

It sounds like Peanut and Owen would get along much better this time. It sounds like they have a lot in common - building legos, dragging their feet to go anywhere, having a listening problem. I swear, I have to screech like a bird and do jumping jacks to get his attention a lot of the time. That is what I end up looking like after I have called his name 15 times - not exaggerating.

That plane IS awesome. Way to go peanut.

I love your boys. I am so lucky to be their aunt.

Sorry...I deleted my first comment because I used Peanut's real name.

Janet said...

Your boys are so cute! Thank you for the valentine, you guys are so awesome to think of us! Can't wait to see you guys this summer. ~Janet