Friday, February 6, 2009

I've decided not to post the video of Bubba giving his report. It's super impossible to hear him because I was at the back of the classroom thinking it would be close enough to hear. Oh well. He did great and remembered all his facts. The teacher did it like it was a talk show and introduced them as their person and then asked them to tell about their lives. They all had to have at least one costume item so he had a hat.
I have to share something funny about my new frugality. I got the baby's birthday pictures done a week ago and while I was at the mall waiting, I went into Baby Gap and found a really cute shirt on sale that I bought for his picture because I liked it better than the one he was wearing. I also found a cute sweater at Children's Place for $5.99. Well, he was too crabby that day for photos because like a dink I didn't think about the fact that he got shots that day(the doctor's office is across from the mall, so I was trying to kill two birds). So we went back two days later and I decided the sweater went up too high on his neck so I returned that. I used the new shirt I had bought at Gap and left the tag on and then took it back after the photo. I thought, you know he doesn't really need another shirt. I also did that with the sweaters you see in their Christmas picture. Well, I kept the baby's, but Bubba didn't need one and JP hates sweaters and Peanut already had a cute one, so I figured I could use the extra $60 back.
I think I've become totally acclimated to the weather here now. The other day the sun was shining and it was about 43 degrees and I only had a thin long sleeved shirt on and I was totally fine. I was almost ready to wear short sleeves. I don't even wear turtlenecks or warm coats most of the time anymore. It has to be snowy out for that or I'm hot. Weird how the body does that. I also realized I'm starting to get a hick accent when I say certain things. No, please, no. Maybe I should take an extended vacation back in Cali for awhile so I can sound like me again.
Well, Jo Jo is being a big helper right now by taking all the paper out of the cupboard and all the pencils out of the drawer, so I'll have to give more of an update later. Maybe tomorrow after the chess tournament.

1 comment:

Jared and Delia said...

Look at you Frugal you.

I am getting acclimated to this weather too. I am not such an Arizona girl anymore.