Thursday, February 12, 2009

Because I Don't Have Enough Pictures of Jo Jo




Just wanted to post a couple of cute photos of Jo Jo. He figured out this morning how to climb onto the dishwasher lid. So now I really can't do dishes unless he's asleep (because he also likes to pull out the dirty silverware-gag). The other day Peanut had all of his animals out (the cool plastic ones from Target) and had put them all on this round table we have in our entry way (I think it was their house). So Jo Jo found them and was banging them on the table and really into it so I snapped a few photos because I don't have enough of him you know. And we had a miracle last night. He slept for 11 hours in his crib! And he's been napping for about and hour and a half now. He woke up with a cold, though, so he's been really sad today. Butch is feeling it today too.

I was interviewing Peanut today about his favorites so here they are.
Me-"What's your favorite color?"
P-"Um, it's wike wed." (red)
Me-"What's your favorite animal?"
P-"A sider 'cause you det to take care of all da ammals in da whole woyld, but not wions. But dey tan't bite us." (spider because you get to take care of all the animals in the whole world except for lions but they can't bite us-no idea where this one came from)
Me-"What's your favorite movie?"
P-"Tars." (Cars)
Me-"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
P-"Um, a wed Powa Ranga." (red power ranger)
Me-"What's your favorite place?" (he told me to ask him this)
P-"Tarl's Jr."
Me-"What's your favorite food?"
P-"Tarl's Jr. chi-en nuddets." (chicken nuggets from Carl's Jr.)
Me-"What's your favorite place to go for vacation?"
P-"I wike to do to a hotewl and to do to Dizzywand and Wegowand Tawiforna." (I like to go to a hotel and to go to Disneyland and Legoland California)
Me-"What's your favorite toy?"
P-"I wike to pway tars and ammals 'cause you det to put tostumes on dem at our house." (I like to play cars and animals because you get to put costumes on them at our house-not sure about this one either)
I absolutely LOVE the way kids say things. And I love how simple their minds are. Wouldn't it be cool if we really could grow up to be Power Rangers? Or Wonder Woman? I used to wear my Wonder Woman underoos around with red Papa Smurf boots on. I wish they still made underoos. Did you ever have any? JP used to want to be a Power Ranger when he grew up. Bubba would tell him he couldn't be and I would say, "Sure he can." Then JP would ask how you become one and I would tell him that they had special Power Ranger school you could go to. I think it's sad when parents stifle their kids' imaginations. I used to have an imaginary brother. His name was Eddie and he was Hawaiian (not sure how I knew what a Hawaiian looked like when I was 6, but I did). Anywho, my mom used to buckle him in the car, etc. I remember my aunt recognizing him as a real person too. I have friends who don't like the fact that their kids believe in Santa and they definitely don't let them believe in the Tooth Fairy or Easter Bunny. I say, what's wrong with that? We grow up way too fast anyway. Can't we just believe in magic for a little while?

1 comment:

Jared and Delia said...

Peanut is so cute. I liked hearing your opinion on the make believe issue. We have been encouraging Owen's imagination and have allowed Santa to be a part of Christmas, but I have been wondering in the back of my mind...is this lying? I think that you are right about letting them believe in magic. Children seem to be growing up so much faster with every generation, we should allow their lives to be magical as long as we can.