Friday, February 13, 2009

My Valentines


This is our 12th Valentine's Day together. We met at the end of January and on our second date we went to Saguaro Lake with some friends, though we never left the truck because we spent like 3 hours getting to know each other (and I DO mean actually talking and getting to know each other-not whatever else you were thinking). We just listened to the radio and talked and a song came on by Martina McBride that says, "You're all I need, my love, my Valentine." So just casually I asked Butch if he would be my Valentine. Well, he went completely silent for like 20 minutes. The whole time I was like, "Hello it was just a silly question." Eventually he said yes, which I guess was really huge for him because he had taken it really seriously. A few days after Valentine's Day (5 to be exact) he told me that he loved me for the first time. After that, I was pretty much making wedding plans, even though he hadn't asked me yet. But I knew after our first date that he was the one. So here we are 11 yrs. and 4 kids later living happily ever after. I met my Prince Charming who rode up on his white horse (white Toyota truck) and saved me from myself, literally.

Two yrs. later came my 2nd valentine. He melted my heart that I didn't realize could hold more love in it. It was the greatest feeling ever to have someone's life actually depending on me. I love that bond between mother and child. He makes me laugh with his sillyness almost daily. He's a true sweetheart, always giving his things to others or buying his brothers a candy at the store. He loves his baby brother and loves to help out with him. He's not always snuggly with me, but surprises me now and again (like today) and asks for a kiss and tells me he loves me. He always reminds dad that I'm the Queen and deserve the best.

Another two yrs. went by and our little fluffy baby came along. He makes me get misty eyed almost daily with his words of kindness. He comes up to me daily to rub my arm or wrap his arms around me or tickle me. He tells me he loves me more than once a day and constantly asks if he can do anything to help me. He loves to talk sweetly to the baby. He is truly my sensitive spirit. He always wants to buy me flowers when we go to Costco and also reminds dad that I'm the Queen. He even told me once that I looked like a princess.

Two and a half years went by before my tiny little Peanut came. He never cried once in the hospital (not even when he was circumcised), and he's been mellow yellow ever since. He's the quiet observer and then gets right in the mix with his brothers like a crazy man. He's a thinker, and I love to watch him do puzzles, build and organize things. Truly a boy after my own heart. He has always been my snuggler. He just loves his baby and is always making him laugh. He loves to be a big helper during the day while his brothers are at school and play games with me.

And finally three years later after a long wait and some heartache, my little bear joined our family. Wow, your heart really can hold enough love for them all. He is my biggest snuggle buddy and loves to go to sleep in my arms. Such a happy boy who loves to give smiles, especially to his 3 big brothers. He will never be lacking in love and attention. My only blue eyed little boy is a lady killer already. He is the most mama's boy of them all, and I don't think it's just because he's so little still.

So my Valentine's Day will be full of much much love. I wish everyone could know such love in their lives. This world would be such a happier place. Wishing each of you much love on a day to celebrate relationships-all kinds. I love each of you and are grateful you are all a part of my life too!

2 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Happy Valentines Day!

This loving tribute to the men in your life was beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

You are a princess!

Janet said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I loved the last two posts. Thank you for sharing all of these warm fuzzies! I agree about letting our kids be kids, and enjoying the magic of it all. ~Janet