Monday, March 30, 2009

When Will it Be Spring?

Bad news-Baby Jo Jo is very tall and likes to turn the computer off while we're in the middle of stuff! Granted the button has a shiny blue light, but still what a turkey. He also enjoys pulling everything and anything off the computer counter and kitchen table. He also likes to take out all the tupperware. Oh yeah, another mischief maker. He also keeps waking up in the wee hours of the morning. I'm afraid he'll get in the bad habit of wanting to sleep with us again. I had had it the other night when he was awake from 2-4:30 am crying. The next morning Butch said, "Honey he has another tooth-and it's a molar!" Ouch! No wonder he was awake all night. So he has the top four and then the center two on the bottom and now 1 molar, but the molar on the opposite side is pretty much thru. I'm thinking that's weird, but can't remember what the other boys did. I guess I'll have to get out the baby books.

Bubba is officially a pitcher for the Yankees, well not THE Yankees, but still. He is one of the 4 boys they've chosen to pitch because he throws hard enough to make it over the plate, which most of the boys can't do. During a practice last week, he was the only one pitching, which we're hoping doesn't burn out his arm already at such a young age. Butch thinks he'd also be good in the outfield because he throws so hard and really far. So I'm bragging a little, but what can I say, he's very exceptional. JP hasn't had a practice yet, which we're wondering what the deal is. Don't volunteer to be a coach if you're not going to do anything. We did find out, though that he'll be on the Angels, which is mom's other favorite team. I really love baseball, and it's a good thing with all these boys since it's what they love to do. Butch was practicing with them at field the other day and Peanut was hitting off the tee. He said by the time he's in 5 yr. old t-ball, the kids in the field will have to duck because he hits so hard. If he misses, he swings around twice from swinging so hard!

I can't seem to lose a single pound. Could it be that I love chocolate too much? Am I destined to remain "overweight" and enjoying food, or should I make the shift to twigs and berries so I can shed these 20 baby pounds? And before you scoff and say, "You, no way, you don't need to lose that much," I actually do. According to the BMI, my weight just doesn't add up with my height. And since belly fat is a risk factor for heart disease which runs in my family, I guess I should be more serious. It's just so hard when there's a baby yanking on my leg or crawling on top of me to try and get in more than 30 minutes. What to do, what to do...

I wish it were Spring already. At least the sun came out today. Now if it would just get above 49 degrees.

3 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

I think it is so fun that your boys are in baseball. Yay for Bubba! Making pitcher is awesome.

We are considering putting Owen in the 3-4 year old tee ball this year. Should be interesting. ;)

I can't wait for Spring to come too. From my window it looks like we should be putting up Christmas decorations.

paige said...

way to go on pitcher spenc! we are just getting into soccer here. loved your pictures of the zoo i miss that place. im hoping for spring with you!

Janet said...

Congratulations Bubba! That is great! Kevin just gets to field as pitcher, (it's machine pitch this year), but he loves it. It's such an important position. Way to go!

Kenzie doesn't sleep either! It may be teething, but I doubt it. It seems that none of my babies really slept well until they were around 2 and that's because they stopped taking naps. I am perpetually exhausted! Next time he's up you should just call me and we could chat! :)