Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Accomplishments and Aspirations

Accomplishments-
When we were putting the big boys to bed on Monday night, all of us were upstairs and we didn't have the gate up to keep Jo Jo from falling down the stairs. He'd been pretty good lately about not crawling right to the edge since I had let him once to see what he'd do and he went head first off the top step. No, I'm not a bad mom; I was sitting right on the top step to catch him. Anywho, we were caught up in the hustle and bustle of the night time routine when we realized that Jo Jo was crawling backwards down the stairs by himself. We didn't even notice until he was more than half way down. We had been working with him a little to try and show him how to do it and I guess it just finally clicked. So, yay, no more gate worries. Although, sometimes he gets a little whiny half way down, like, hey come get me.

Aspirations-
About a month ago I asked each of the boys what they would like to be when they grow up. These were their answers-Bubba wants to be a guy that works in an office like dad, JP wants to be a zookeeper, and Peanut wants to be a Red Power Ranger. Once upon a time I wanted to be a zoologist. I think it's pretty funny because JP takes after me in a lot of ways and Bubba takes after Butch in a lot of ways which is reflected in their job choices. JP used to want to be a Power Ranger too.

4 comments:

Joy said...

Congrats Jo Jo! What a big boy. The day they can do stairs is a big accomplishment!

I didn't know some of those things about you! I knew about Winnie the Pooh and the Celtic symbol, but not the others. It was fun to learn a few new things about you!

To answer your questions about the baby, it is a boy, and he will be arriving on April 27th!

Jared and Delia said...

That is so cute.

I asked Owen what he wanted to be when he grew up and he said: a daddy. We tried to explain that daddies do more things but he said,"NO! Just a Daddy!" I can't argue with his priorities. :)

Janet said...

Yeah! I love it when our kids figure out how to do things on their own, especially when it comes to navigating stairs. I enjoyed reading about the boys aspirations. I think at one time I wanted to be an FBI agent when I was little. :)

Blondie Blues said...

congrats on NO gate! That really is a huge mile-stone and so nice for you. Mylie has a while before the no-gate, and we can't wait. Jo Jo is so cute.