Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Rantings of a Mad Woman

Okay, so want to know what's really cool? I tried on my bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding and couldn't get it zipped up! So today I had to send it back to my mom to return to the store for an even bigger size. So, though I thought of eating my weight in tootsie rolls to feel better, I came to the conclusion that that would not help matters. For the less endowed women out there, be grateful. I know we always want what we can't have, but seriously be grateful. That's the whole reason I couldn't zip the dress up. I know I'll get a little smaller when I quit nursing, but not enough. B said, "If you suck it in and don't breathe, I could probably get it zipped." Gee, honey, that makes me feel so much better. I really wish I was like those women out there who quit eating when they get depressed. Unfortunately, I'm the kind that eats their feelings. Lucky for me! Really the whole reason the dress doesn't fit is that it's a junior size. At least that's what I keep telling myself.

4 comments:

Jared said...

It is true...the grass is greener on the other side. When I quit nursing I will look like I am 12 again...no really..I have been mistaken for that age or slightly older.
At least you look like a woman and not a little girl. :)

I must say that would be hard to have to go up a dress size just because of that.

BTW: The 9 month clothes would be great. Reid will be 9 months in the Spring but since we had snow until May this last year, it would be nice to have some warm outfits that he could use if that happens this year. Thank you so much!

Jared said...

Oh and sorry if you don't recognize the name...I logged in under jared - this is Delia

Pooka said...

Hey, at least you can fill in the cups & not have dresses or tops that look like your playing dress up in your big sisters clothes.

Joy said...

Be proud of what you've got while you've got it!! You'll have to post pics of yourself in your dress. I bet you're gorgeous!