Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Clutziest Person in the World


And the winner is...ME! So I've always been a little bit of a clutz. I was pretty much all legs growing up and my hip bones stuck out, so I was constantly walking into stuff. Well, the clutz part hasn't changed, though my body has. It's even worse when I'm pregnant. Well, a couple of weeks ago I walked into their awesomely huge Playmobil pirate ship. Not just the ship, but the pointiest part that overhangs in the front. I hit it right on my ankle, which happened to be my bad ankle that I had surgery on years ago that still has nerve damage. So it shot that pins and needles feeling through my foot when I did it. It's still bruised and hurting when I walk all day. So then, last week, while I was picking the baby up off the living room floor, I slammed my pinky toe on the same foot right into the foot of the couch. Yep, I broke it. So my whole foot is all bruised. B said it looked like I was in a car accident. Then, like the next night while making dinner, I sliced a chunk out of my middle finger. I think my boo-boos must come in threes like Bubba's. Unfortunately, that's one of the awesome traits I passed on to him.

Peanut has had a fever or "beaver" for a week now, but I think he's finally getting better today. However, he passed it on to baby brother of course. So poor baby hasn't been able to sleep well or eat solids well for the last couple of days. Needless to say, I haven't slept much the last three nights. I got about 8 hours total the first two nights, but luckily he let me nap this morning with him so I caught up a little. He had his 9 mth. check-up yesterday and he's a little small for both height and weight. Peanut had his 3 1/2 yr. well child and he's tall and skinny (which we already knew). So it looks like the two middle boys not only look alike, but have the same body and the bookends look alike and have the same stockier body type. It's funny how that happens.

We had a Halloween party this past Saturday. That was interesting. It's my favorite holiday so I wanted it to be fun, but I was up all night the night before making sugar cookies and rice krispy treats for 35 kids. It's a good thing we have a huge backyard and that at least 3 parents stayed. I guess I would do a couple of more games next time and split them into groups so they wouldn't be running around like mad people while the others were in line or doing a game. It was a hit and there wasn't a single cookie left undecorated.

I was put in as the Den Leader for the Wolves on Sun., which is just a step up from what I was doing as assistant, but I'm really excited. I love this age because they're so excited about scouts and have fun no matter what we do.

No comments: