Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Primary Program

So I forgot to mention our primary program from Sunday. I know I'm usually very cynical, but I have to talk about our wonderful primary program. I usually don't get very much out of it when they do the program. It seems like the kids always rush through their parts and start walking away from the microphone before they finish reading their part. It seems like a mish mosh of parts that don't usually seem cohesive to me. But our program this past Sunday had me crying through almost the whole thing. I felt so overcome by the Spirit. It was so wonderful. All the kids did such a wonderful job memorizing parts and some of the older boys gave mini-talks on baptismal covenants, temple covenants, and remembering who you are. When the kids sang "Called to Serve" they held up posters with pictures and the names of the missionaries who are out in our ward and I lost it then since my brother is out serving. We had practiced the boys parts in Family Home Evening the Mon. before. JP did exactly what we had practiced. He found me in the congregation, smiled, recited his part from memory, smiled again, and then sat down. We wanted to make sure they knew to slowly say their parts so everyone could understand. Bubba had a scripture, so slowly read it and remembered to cite the scripture. I was so proud of them and was misty eyed the entire time. B was on the stand with his class, so I had the two little ones and was able to really enjoy the entire thing. It was really a wonderful experience.

4 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

That is so sweet. Tell your boys good job! I can't wait to have one of those with Owen in it.

Jared and Delia said...

Glad you found Super Why and Word World!

Those clothes may be even more needed than I thought. Reid was six weeks yesterday and weighed in at 10 lbs. 6 oz. If he keeps growing at this rate, we will need those 9 mo. clothes possibly when it is still cold! Thanks so much for that again.

Pooka said...

How awesome! I know what you mean about those programs being lame. Maybe your primary leaders can give us some tips!

Anonymous said...

Yea! I can leave a comment now! Give the boys a big hug from us! We feel so blessed to have our grandchildren learning the gospel.

So proud! Love, Grandma & Grandpa R.