Tuesday, October 7, 2008

More Potty Training Woes

So, for those of you who just absolutely love to hear about my unfortunate potty training experiences, here's another one. So yesterday I was cleaning the play room and noticed a funny smell. It just smelled a little off, like stuffy or something. Well, the boys got home from school and Bubba asked me why the play room smelled like poop. I told him it didn't and that it was just stuffy, but then Peanut was in there, so I asked him if he had peed in there. He said no and I asked, "Are you sure you didn't go potty in here?" He said, "Back there," pointing to the back of the couch. So I went back there and was sniffing the carpet and finding nothing, when he came by the train table and pointed to a spot on the carpet and said, "Right there." I looked down to find a large rock hard poop on my carpet! I asked if he had done it that day and he said, "No, ahmahyo" (tomorrow, which I think meant yesterday). Luckily, it was dry and so didn't make a huge stain and was easy to clean up. I was telling him how he needs to go on the toilet and that it's not okay to go in his pants. He said, "I like to poop in my pants." I could seriously strangle him. What a stinker! Does anyone have any special potty training magic tricks?

Here's another one of JP's famous mis-quotes. I keep writing them, mostly for my sake so I can have a memory of them. We went to the grocery store for ice cream last night with grandma and all got in the car while she was putting the cart away. He asked what she was doing and I said, "Putting the cart away." JP, "She's talking on the phone?" I seriously do not make these up. He said another one today, but I can't remember it.

3 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

I am so sorry. What a stinker. Wish I had advice.

Joy said...

I've been there, let me tell you! With Josh, it all came down to him finally deciding to do it. I love the power washer story--hilarious!

I wish you good luck and my deepest sympathy!

Pooka said...

You make me laugh! As for tips, I was very fortunate to have good sleepers (remember the bk?) & pretty easy potty training. I don't think I did anything you haven't already tried. Good Luck!