Monday, April 4, 2011

Rest of Spring Break

On Thurs. last week we went to the zoo. It ended up being a beautiful sunny day. B met us and we went for a few hours before leaving to go home and get Bubba's hunting license from last year so we could get him a new one. Uncle AJ wanted to pick him up and take him hunting for whistle pigs (varmits kind of like groundhogs). Later that evening Aunt Alicia came and picked up the other boys-even Coconut-for a sleepover at their house. They live out in the boonies in a home that they are renting from a couple that is on a mission. They have horses, rabbits, turkeys running wild. So they've been asking to go. We went to Baskin Robbins and to a late movie! Yay for dates! I wish we could have one every weekend.

Friday I had the morning to myself to sleep in. I did laundry and watched one of my favorite tv shows at the same time. There was a show on in the early 90s called "Northern Exposure" about a small town in Alaska. It was one of my favorites in high school and I have the first three seasons on DVD. A few weeks ago I decided to start watching them. I haven't been all the way through them since I bought them years ago. I just finished the last episode of season 3 today so now I have 4-6 on Netflix. Anyway, B and I went to lunch at Jimmy Johns, which if you don't have one where you live, you're missing out on the best subs ever. They're way better than Subway. Their homemade bread is to die for. After that I went to the mall because I wanted this lipstick from the Bare Minerals store. I got a text from my sister while I was there letting me know that they were on their way to our house. Bubba was hunting again with AJ. They were here when I got home playing outside in the gorgeous warm weather again. I decided to put on my grubbys and trim the front hedges and clean out some of the dead stuff in the flowers since there's a little green starting to appear. The kids all went down to the neighbor's to help put dirt in their garden and prep it for planting. Peanut was very excited about helping them.

Today I took Coconut to Albertsons to get some cereal and milk because they have a sale going on (I got 6 boxes of cereal and 2 gallons of milk for $10). Anyway, on the way in, I was carrying him and he said very excitedly, "Mom I can carry you now. You're not heavy for me anymore." I think he meant it the other way around because most of the time I tell him that I can't carry him anymore because he's too heavy for me. Gotta love that cute boy. He always says, "Mom I wanna hold you," when he wants me to pick him up.

2 comments:

Delia said...

Sounds like a dream to sleep in and do laundry while watching TV. sigh...Stuff I totally took for granted when I was childless...and I miss it. Well, not completely. But it would be nice to do it again for one day like you got to! :)

Coconut is such a cute boy. Glad you had a good Spring break.

Janet said...

I love the "I wanna hold you." Kenzie will just say, "hold you" and most of the time I can't resist!