Sunday, April 10, 2011

I Love My Church

I love the Gospel. I have truly been feeling the calm and peace the Spirit lately. I loved every single talk in General Conference last weekend. I felt the spirit during their talks. I gained a message that I need to have faith that the challenge I am facing right now will all turn out fine. I feel much comfort. The Spirit makes me happy and I am so grateful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
We had a missionary homecoming today in sacrament meeting. I pretty much cried the whole time because of how strong the prescence of the Spirit was. Two of his little sisters played the violin and flute accompanied by their mom on piano. They played "We Have Been Taught" from the Primary Children's songbook. That's when the emotions started. Then when they were done, they both hugged him before he spoke. More tears. Then he got up to the pulpit and immediately grabbed a Kleenex and started wiping his eyes. He said that he didn't even know they could play because they learned while he was gone. He gave the most wonderful talk. He started by saying that the worst day of his mission was the day he was released. That really made me cry. He had such a strong testimony and told a wonderful conversion story of a woman. In short, her friend was being taught and asked if they could give blessings of healing. They answered that they could and she sent them off to her friend's house to heal her from her great depression that she suffers from. They asked if she believed that they could heal her and she nodded 'yes' so they put their hands on her head and said, "Be healed" and when they opened their eyes the room was full of people that were all crying. There hadn't been anyone there when they started. She later became baptized after they gave her another blessing that she would no longer desire to drink coffee. She was baptized in a river where storm clouds and rain surrounded the spot on either side, but not over them. The bank was covered with thousands of yellow butterflies that swirled around them as they entered the water. The water was freezing, but they found a pocket of warmth. And when she came up out of the water she looked just like his younger sister who he baptized before he left (and this woman was 40). He also said that a huge beam of light shone down on them and he felt like he knew exactly how Joseph felt in the grove when he saw God the Father and his son Jesus Christ. What an extraordinary missionary.
I love this church!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Thank you so much for sharing this. I felt the spirit and have been strengthened from reading your thoughts and feelings. Thank you again.

Alonna Randall said...

Very sweet, Nicole! Thank you so much for sharing your testimony! Your sons are watching you and will want to be missionaries because they know it means a lot to you!