Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I Love Writing

Have you noticed the theme of the last three posts yet? I love lots of things and I don't think I recognize them enough. I've been working on my book a lot lately. The ideas keep flowing. I've been doing research for it too and that's really time consuming, but also fun learning new things. I finally decided that it was time to organize all of my handwritten notes that were strewn about on different pieces of paper. It was taking me so much time to look through them to find the topic I was looking for. I got a folder and labeled dividers with the topics of-food, history, local attractions, slang and plot notes. I typed it all up and now if I have more ideas I can just write them in underneath. It's so much easier now! Why didn't I think of this before?
So it takes place a lot in Ireland, but also in the US later in the story. It's a young adult book, and yes it's so called 'vampire' story. I was telling a few women about it at our RS retreat this past weekend and they asked if it was a vampire story very sarcastically. I was a little offended and thought, 'Well you don't have to read it then!' You write what you know about and I've been reading stories like this since high school, so there you go.

3 comments:

marty4544 said...

To hell with them honey, this is your book and your thoughts, so you just keep on doing what you want to do.. Like you said they don't have to read it, THEY probably would love it. Love you Sugar bear. Grandma Hintz

Janet said...

I think it's a great book and I look forward to reading it when it's done. Especially with all the time you've put into it!

Alonna Randall said...

I want to read it too! Way to go, Nicole!