Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hey Mommy...

That's my new name. Coconut says this ALL day long. It's getting old really fast. He starts by saying, "Hey Mommy" and then goes into a random made up story-very funny ones. And as soon as he finishes he says, "Hey Mommy" again and says something else. So in one conversation I may hear "Hey Mommy" like six or seven times. It's driving me nuts. I know you're probably thinking how cute it is, and I thought that at first, but when it's all day long (and even more so while all of his brothers are at school) it starts to drive you insane. I would also like to go to the bathroom by myself at some point. It doesn't matter if the door is closed. Every single one of them will come outside the door either with a problem or just a story. Hello! Can't this all wait until I'm finished? I promise I'll be less than two minutes. Sheesh!

2 comments:

Delia said...

That is so crazy. We have done the same thing with the kids. They scream so loud no one can talk or think and they just need time to calm down. Usually we use their room but we have had them go outside from time to time. Sometimes Reid ends up just playing and then NOT wanting to come inside. But whatever. That's a different story. :) I think that's stupid that they would give you a social worker's card. Obviously they have never had a kid or more than one child at least. When did letting your child have a tantrum become unfit parenting? I am getting all irritable for you now!

Janet said...

All of my kids call me "Hey Mom." I can't stand it either! I have no idea why they do that. I really need to talk to them about it, but haven't yet for some reason.

And yes, they bother me while I'm in the bathroom too. That has gotten a little better, but I still have to tell them to leave me alone until I'm done.

I agree--sheesh!