Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy St. Patty's Day

So Peanut came home so tickled that a leprechaun visited their class while they were at recess. He danced on the tables, lost a shoe, messed up the room, and left candy. He also turned the toilet water green. All the way home his brothers told him there was no such thing, but he insisted that there was because he had proof. So when dad got home the leprechaun visited our house and turned the toilet water green in every bathroom. Well he went in our room to go potty and freaked out! He was terrified to pee in green water. I had to stand next to him because he was afraid there was a leprechaun in our house still. I told him it couldn't be in the toilet because it would drown. When it was time for bed he couldn't sleep. Dad told him that if you sprinkled salt in your doorways, they couldn't get in. So he came downstairs to get salt and I went up to talk to him. He was so scared. I told him that all of the leprechauns went back to Ireland. He wanted to know what they did there so I told him they lived in their little village and did normal stuff like us. He asked if they were with St. Patrick, but I told him that St. Patrick died a long time ago but we celebrate him because he did a lot of good things. Well even the salt didn't help because he came down a half hour later wanting to stay with us on the couch. Eventually we talked him into sleeping with Bubba. So we moved him when we went up to bed later.

Well, today he was still scared because someone at school had told him that they stay around for three days. I assured him again that they went home to Ireland.
P-"But the day before, one colored Mrs. Sawyers hair green."
M-"No, they can't touch you, they can only play tricks. She dyed her own hair."

I was upstairs going to the bathroom later when the front door blew open. The boys go out the front to walk to school and it doesn't always stay closed very well so we have to keep it locked. I've never seen two little boys fly up the stairs so fast. I told them it was the wind and they just needed to lock the door, but they refused to go downstairs by themselves, so I had to go down and do it. He was pretty much attached to me until I took him to school. Poor little Punkin.

2 comments:

Delia said...

Oh no. I can totally see how he would be scared. A little man running around the house hiding from you and playing tricks on people. I never thought of it that way before though. :) Poor guy.

Janet said...

I'm sorry, but I had to giggle a little when I read this. I know, it's easy for me because I'm not there trying to coax him to sleep--sorry! Hopefully he's feeling a little better now. Good luck with baseball season!