Monday, December 20, 2010

Run Run as Fast as You Can...




You can't catch me I'm the Gingerbread Man. That's a story that we love around here. B has been reading it to the kids since JP was little. There's a part when the Gingerbread Man jumps on a fox to get across the water. The fox tells him to come a little closer and JP used to repeat it and say, "Come a wittle cwoser." I love to look back and remember the cute things they used to say.

Anyway, we made our gingerbread house last week. Actually it came already assembled, which I didn't know until I opened the box. But that was okay because then we didn't have to wait for the icing to dry before decorating it. It even came with coconut to create snow. Everyone got in on the fun, even Jo Jo. They decided that they didn't want to waste the candy this year so they would have a little each day. Bad thing about the coconut-it's all over the table everyday. Even after I clean it up, it comes back.

Fri. I took the boys to the radio station to deliver the stuffed animals that Grandma Susan gave us for the kids at the hospital. The kids wanted to see the hospital kids open the gifts, but that's not something they let you do since some of them have to be isolated. But a local station was collecting all kinds of gifts to take over, so we dropped our stuff off there. They even got to meet Lucky-the evening DJ. They never look like what you expect from their voice.
Then we went to Costco with dad and got our new camera with some money that Grandma and Grandpa Randall sent us for Christmas. It's a Sony DSLR, or something. I don't understand all that jargon. But B has already been taking pictures with it and they look great! So much better than our poor dying camera. It will be great for sports next year. I plan on reading the manual soon so I will know how to do manual focus and stuff.

Sat. morning we had just enough snow to go on sled rides behind the 4 wheeler again before it all started melting. I went first this time. It was the funnest thing EVER! B went pretty fast so I was sliding all the way across the road in the part of the neighborhood that still doesn't have houses. Then everyone took a ride just on the 4 wheeler minus sled. Our poor sled ended up a little scraped up on the bottom from the places on the road where the snow was already gone. We keep getting a little snow here and there, but it doesn't last long because it rains the next day or melts from the sun the same day.

We have Christmas break for the next two weeks, so even though I hate snow, I hope we get enough to stay so that the kids have something to do outside. They've already been killing each other today. It's always over the dumbest things too. Peanut has had a crying problem lately. I'm trying really hard to gently tell him that it's not something he should be crying about and that if he asks nicely instead of freaking out, it might change the outcome. It doesn't help when big brothers call him a whiny baby. I seem to remember a certain #2 brother that had the same problem at this age. I pray that it doesn't last long. Sometimes it's really hard being a mom of 4 boys. Okay, who am I kidding, it's ALWAYS hard. It would be nice if for ONE day they would all be kind to each other and have fun together. B keeps assuring me that someday the two oldest will be great friends. I sure hope so, and I'm glad he's so confident. Today we're going to find some Christmas books at the "livary" since we've run out of stories that we already have. I'm hoping to find the cartoon version of the Grinch because I never know when it will be on tv. We have to watch "Santa Clause" 2 and 3 this week and "Elf." We already did #1 and "Rudolph", "Polar Express", and "Frosty" #1 and #2. Hopefully I'll come up with some more ideas of indoor activities as well. Here's wishing you a wonderful Christmas week.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Yeah for Christmas money! Congratulations on your new camera. Things are so high-tech now it makes me feel like I need to take a class or two to figure out how to use it!

Merry Christmas!