Wednesday, December 1, 2010

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas



So we had maybe like 2" of snow on the ground from a few days ago. This morning we woke up to this. We have 8" of snow in our yard. We have no plows here. I swear they have like 4 for this entire ginormous valley and they only do major roads and highways. So we pretty much have to drive over and through it if we want to get out of our neighborhood. It really ticks me off to put it lightly. I got up this morning and came down and made lunches and the kids showed me the snow in the backyard. And it was STILL snowing. They decided to try and shovel enough off the driveway so that we could get out to go to school. I texted B to tell him since he's in New York right now for more classes for work. He texted back asking if the kids had a snow day. Dee dee dee. I didn't even think about checking before that. So I got online and sure enough no school. I went out front to tell the boys and you would've thought it was Christmas. They ditched the driveway to make a mountain of snow to try and sled down and then saw the neighbor and went over there to play. They said to tell dad they were sad he wasn't here because they really wanted rides again. They've only been in the house for a half hour or so all day-including little Coconut. Can I tell you how NOT fun it is to put his snow clothes on and off like 3 times. Ugh! He fell over and couldn't get up again. The snow came up to about his knees so I had to make a path for him. I went out to shovel so we can get to scouts later but gave up about a third of the way through. I didn't even have a coat or snowpants on I was sweating so bad. I'll back out after a little break. It's really pretty, but I really hate snow. I don't remember ever having this much since we've lived here.

2 comments:

Delia said...

It has been a pretty crazy winter already for the whole west coast it seems. Even AZ is a little cooler than normal...or so I hear.

I also heard that our city has already blown half of their snow removal resources for this season. Crazy! Definitely not normal winter so far.

I wish we would get a snow day for 8 inches! Dang. Sounds like your boys had fun.

Janet said...

It does look pretty. I totally understand how you feel about the snow. It's such a bummer that things like that aren't as fun as they were when we were little. Thank goodness you didn't have to try to get the boys to school.