Sunday, December 26, 2010


Cuponk game from Bubba


Truck from mommy and daddy

In Christmas Eve the boys all decided they wanted to sleep in Bubba's room. We made a new rule that we wanted to go downstairs before them so that we could get their reactions on tape. So they decided to all sleep together and take in the mini tv and watch movies if they woke up before 7 am. At 4:30 am I heard Coconut making noise. I thought that he had maybe had a bad dream and went in to make sure he wouldn't wake everyone else up. Wrong. They were putting a movie in. I think a certain older brother may have woken everyone up. So I made them turn off the tv and go back to sleep. At least one of them didn't go back to sleep, but I'm not sure about the others. They came in at 7 am on the dot and woke us up. We didn't get to bed until
1 am so we were a bit tired.

Santa brought JP a bike-with gears, which mom and dad hadn't been able to find anywhere, so Santa brought it. Bubba got a new bat and a football. Peanut got a scooter and a little truck that had a canoe on it. And Coconut got a Buzz Lightyear tent which also has bean bags to toss into the holes on the side. We also got a couple of movies and a Wii game from Santa.

Scooter from Santa

It was a nice morning. The boys were thrilled with everything they got. They were especially excited about their football jerseys with their favorite players numbers on them. Bubba commented that Santa knew what you really needed because he had asked for an XBox, but Santa knew that he needed a new bat.


#2 is Austin Pettis-wide receiver

B got me a really pretty amethyst necklace. He also got me a couple of books on writing a book and how to get it published, etc. He was so proud of himself for thinking of that all on his own. He always surprises me.

Can you tell what a zombie I was? I went back to bed as soon as we were done.

I got him a Blue Ray player, which is the one thing I have NOT wanted to get. I didn't want to have to pay more for movies, but since it has the ability to play Netflix through it, we can just watch instant movies with Blue Ray quality. Anyway, it was really the only idea he gave me, so that's what he got.


The three oldest boys also wanted to buy each other gifts this year, which I helped out with a little. I thought it was really nice of them to actually think of each other.

2 comments:

Janet said...

It looks like a great day all around. I can totally relate to feeling like a zombie-I didn't want to get up as early as the kids either. Thank goodness for naps! B did a great job picking out your gifts-I ended up picking out all of mine, no surprises. But I guess that means no disappointments either. I'm looking forward to reading your books! (Honestly, I would love to proofread or something like that for you and I won't share it with anyone to give it away). ;)

Delia said...

What a great Christmas. Hope you got the nap you needed.

I loved reading the previous post too. I think I can relate a little. It seems the older Reid gets the more Owen and Reid fight and it completely wears me out. I can't imagine doubling that! :)