Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Just a Few Reasons to Love My Boys


Peanut thought it would be funny the other night to "scare" me with his fake bug collection. So at first he would just stick one up in my face and I would pretend scream. So then he thought it would be fun to start putting them all over me, so I sat still while he placed them all over me. Today he told all the kids at pre-school that his name was Peanut, so when I went to pick him up, I called him by his name and then a little girl in front said, "You mean Peanut?" So then they all started shouting it. He's so cute. I sure love that little guy.

Last night, after a long day of washing piles of peed on bedding and dealing with Mr. Likes To Argue About Anything and Everything, I went to the gym to unwind. My brother thinks it's funny that I go to relax, but anyway, I got home and the boys were finishing a game with dad. Then we made them get in the shower. I was on the computer checking email and JP and Bubba come running down naked after the shower. They ran into the living room, holding each other's hands running in a circle singing a song that Bubba was making up as he went along (although I did hear him practicing in the shower even though I was all the way downstairs). They were laughing away and having the greatest time. They wanted us to video tape them, but we were like, "Um, not a good idea." I did tell them that I would take their picture if they went upstairs and got pjs on. So this is how they came down. Yes, Bubba sleeps in his underwear. It could be 65 upstairs and he still sleeps with the fan on and no clothes. So, needless to say, it was a great ending to a poopy day. Just when I want to strangle them and need a time out in my closet, they end the day being goofy and making me laugh. I sure love those silly little boys. (And yes, we do feed JP, he's just arching so his ribs are showing). Oh, and those ARE underwear on their heads.



Then there's Mr. Whiny Hold Me All Day. I can't ever get much done during the day. When I get home from running errands it's nap time, and the last week or so, he won't sleep unless I'm holding him. I try to lie him down and he wakes up crying. Well, this morning he just wanted to sit on the couch with me and snuggle after he woke up. I was sitting there thinking of how nice it is that he still loves to snuggle with me and he's almost 2. Not all of them were like that. So I'm very blessed. I figure I'll get stuff done and have a clean house again when he's bigger, but I won't be able to get back that snuggle time. I sure love my sweet little snuggle bear.

Okay, lastly, how many people are actually reading my blog? I mean I enjoy doing it for journaling purposes, but I don't know if anyone but 2 or 3 people actually read it. So even if you have never made a comment, please write your name in a comment box. You can sign on as anonymous, and then just write your name in the comment box.

5 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Your boys are HI-larious! That is so funny. I am quite sick of changing peed on sheets too. I finally put Owen back in pull-ups which I hate. We are working on earning transformer underwear for every five dry nights. We have only had one dry night out of 4. :(

Janet said...

This was a great post!! I love it. I totally get the frustration of peed sheets and going to the gym to relax. I love your goofy boys! I think it's wonderful that they are such great friends. Kevin sleeps in his underwear too. I don't get it-maybe it's a boy thing. I also feel that way about my blog. Sometimes it really makes me sad and I think what is the point? I've linked to it a few times on facebook and more people have read it through that. My Dad says he reads it all the time but never comments. So it's hard to tell who is really reading it. I just have to convince myself that I do it for my enjoyment and who cares who reads it. (That works most of the time). :) I think your blog is awesome and I'm glad that you continue to post.

Anonymous said...

Jared said...

I enjoy reading your posts! Its comforting to know that its not just us dealing with pee pee in the sheets. Also some of stories from your family adventures make me laugh and brighten my day when it is needed the most. Not sure if I count as separate from Delia. But I am defiantly a fan of the Busy With Boys Blog

Lonni said...

I'm reading it regularly and LOVE your blog. You are a great writer and capture the day to day craziness of being a mom with humour and grace. Love it and love you.
Lonni

Anonymous said...

I read it too, and love keeping up with the happenings in your family! Even though I read about 10 tonight. I haven't checked in a while. I sure hope we get one of those great photos for Christmas (hint hint) to go in our new house. I love the way you express yourself and your love for your boys and husband comes through! Love, Grandma Randall