Monday, November 9, 2009

I Don't Mean to Brag

So I don't want anyone to feel like I'm bragging, I'm just excited. I have been keeping a weight loss chart since last Dec. 1st and I just updated it again this morning. As of yesterday, I have lost 20 lbs., 1 1/2" in my calves, 3 1/2" in my thighs, 3 1/2" in my hips, and 5 1/2" in my belly. I was just a little excited to realize that I accomplished that in 11 mths. Now imagine if I was actually exercising that whole time. I'm glad to be in the gym twice a week and even 3 times once. I wish I could go more because I actually enjoy it now. I never in a zillion years thought I would be able to say that, but it's true. I look forward to it because it helps me unwind from my day and gives me a chance to escape the kids for an hour and a half. Thanks to a wonderful husband who is willing to watch them after a long day at work so I can go. You're the best! I always come home feeling rejuvenated. Now if I could just work on that junk food habit, I'd be able to get off those last 11 lbs. to reach my goal. That will be hard with turkey, mashed potatoes, and Christmas cookies. I'll just have to limit myself:(

And why does Jo Jo find it necessary to go in the pantry for privacy to poop everday?! It's a very small enclosed closet. He can open doors now (not fun after we've put the boys to bed at night and he goes upstairs in the dark to go in and out of their rooms). Whenever he gets in the pantry now and closes the door, I know he's doing his business. Can't he find another private place to go? And why am I the only one who knows how to rinse out a dish or turn off the lights? That includes my husband. He can leave a room with his closet light, the bathroom light, and the bedroom light all on. The boys always leave the playroom light, their closet and bathrooms lights on. They call me the electricity nazi. That's okay. I'd rather be that then have a higher bill. I'm also the remote nazi by the way.

4 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

Good for you Nicole! That is an awesome accomplishment.

Owen used to hide behind the couch to do his business. It made for potty training #2 really hard...for us anyway. He didn't us to be in the room with him to poop and he felt too exposed or something to go on the potty. We did diapers just so he could poop sometimes.

I am electricity nazi too in our house. I know what you mean. I got so annoyed that we made it one of our family goals this year to try to turn lights off when we leave a room and even Owen is doing better - not great but he turns one off once in a while without being asked. I am also the water nazi...it bugs me when the water is left on when people brush their teeth or when they are washing dishes but not really using the water at the moment. Jared makes fun of me for wasting so much energy turning the water on and off a million times.

Janet said...

Congratulations! I say go ahead and totally brag-20 lbs is a great accomplishment! That is fabulous! I am so excited for you!

We had to threaten our kids with light bulb removal to motivate them to turn off the lights! It is such a pain!

Janet said...

I just read a little further and saw your great family pictures. They turned out so nice! It always feels good when you can get some good ones. Do you remember (maybe you've tried to block it out), when we tried to get all of the cousins together for a picture for D & A? Kevin was a baby and Randall and Kelly were crying. It was such a nightmare! No wonder we haven't done that since! :)

Nick said...

that was horrible! I totally remember that nobody would cooperate.