Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"Fair" Thee Well (I couldn't help myself)

Okay first off, professional bloggers (Delia) why are my side photos so small except for the one of Peanut? I want to get them big enough for everyone to actually be able to see.


Next---

It was so hot and I forgot to bring a pony tail holder so I walked around like this for awhile.

This was the most hysterical thing to me. He seriously decided without even seeing a booth for these that he wanted one of those giant turkey legs for lunch. He did some damage on it too.

Bubba took this picture while we were eating lunch on the grass.

Feeding the sheep. I had to hold his hand flat, but he didn't even get scared.

Every year they have a big agricultural tent where the kids (and parents) can learn all kinds of stuff about our state's farms and what we grow here. They also have samples of mint water (eew) and kiddie pools full of different beans with tractors in them for the kids to play in. They have a question thing that the kids can go around reading signs to learn about animals/farms and if they turn it in, they get a puzzle of our state. This year they also had a bigger sized version in wood of the puzzle and if the kids put it together they got a bracelet. Peanut literally put it together in less than one minute. I sat there watching his mind work, it was awesome.


We had a lot of fun at the fair. We bought our tickets online and saved quite a bit of money. We had fun on the rides-except for one. Bubba and Butch went on one called "The Hammer." It has two baskets on each side. It swings like a pendulum and then eventually goes all the way around. Bubba had a look of terror on his face as they started getting higher. He was freaked because his harness wasn't tight enough and he thought he would slide out of his seat. I was just praying he wouldn't barf. At the end of the ride a guy on the opposite side did. His girlfriend was so understanding about it. Jo Jo usually loves animals, but for some reason when we went into the large animal barn (where they're not enclosed in a fence) he kept saying, "uh uh." It was pretty funny. He did enjoy the petting zoo, however, and even fed some of the animals. I like the expo center because it has a/c. I noticed this year that they have entries for scrapbook pages as well as cookies and other pastries. I'm totally gonna enter next year.


We caught him climbing in his toys the other night. I can't even tell you how many pictures we have of Bubba like this.

Lastly, this is what happens when you have curly hair and you wake up in the morning after rolling around in bed while you sleep.

1 comment:

Jared and Delia said...

Sweet hair! That turkey leg is making me hungry! YUM!

That hammer story about Bubba made me laugh. I can't wait for my kids to get older...wait yes I can, but it will be fun when they do!

What a bummer than you forgot a hair tie. I would hate that!

As for your pictures. Sometimes if you change the picture or load it and remove it and load it again, it loads smaller the second time. I would just erase the gadget and start over for each picture that is coming up small. That is what I have done anyway and it has fixed it. I have no idea WHY it does that. It is really annoying.