Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Single Mom

Okay, so B had a business trip to Chicago. He left yesterday morning before the butt crack of dawn. So I had to get the kids off to school, make lunches, etc. So yesterday was fine. Today is a completely different story. I ended up grounding Bubba for the whole week before he even went off to school today. I think baby fat-fat is teething so he didn't sleep well last night. I ended up having to hold him in my bed the entire night. If I so much as went near his crib to lay him down, he would wake up and cry. So, I got no sleep. Then I heard Bubba get up at 6:30 this morning. Apparently he played the Wii, even though, we have a no Wii before school rule. I figured it was fine since he was up so early. Well, JP came in my room around 7:20 annoyed that Bubba got to play so he wanted to play before school. I made him a deal and said he could play one super fast game if he got all dressed complete with socks (since usually they forget socks). Anywho, he goes in his room to get dressed and Bubba starts arguing with him saying he's not allowed to play the Wii. I went in because JP was crying (of course), only to discover Bubba beating him up. So I said no Wii for him after school. He proceeded to throw a tanturum, which got him another day of no Wii. Then he decided to stomp around upstairs looking for socks. That got no friends, either. Then he decided to start yelling at me because I didn't wash enough of his socks (I washed all the ones in the closet; I am not responsible for finding them outside or hiding under beds). He couldn't wear long socks because he would look "dorky" and only had one clean short sock. So I told him to find a dirty one to go with it. He continued to yell at me about the stupid socks so I told him if he kept going, it was going to be the whole week. So what does he do? He looks right at me and burps! I said, "That's it, no friends, Wii, or tv for the whole week." He was still grumpy after school because he "hates" homework. He wishes school was never invented. But then we had scouts and he loves that, so he was fine. Now that he's home doing his reading and his brothers are playing Wii, he asked if he could at least play one game, and I said no, so he said, "You're mean. Dad's nicer than you." Which isn't true because he doesn't go back on his punishment either.
So the other one giving me problems today was Peanut. He wore underwear all day today. He did really well going to the store and at home this morning. Then we came home for an hour before picking the boys up from school and he went in my bathroom to play cars and decided to poop in his pants. So I cleaned him up and put clean ones on and we went and got the boys. We pull in the garage, he gets out of his carseat, stands up and pees on the floor. I cleaned him up again and the boys did homework before scouts. Then, at scouts, (I'm a leader and it was my day to conduct), he pees on the stage in the cultural hall, which is carpet by the way. So I have no clean pants for him until scouts is over and we go home.
Meanwhile, B calls me from a Cubs game because the clients they're meeting with tomorrow gave them free tickets! Must be nice. The boys are ticked because he went to a football game last Saturday without them and now he's at a Cubs game. JP played on the Cubs this year for t-ball, so they're extra annoyed. So I decided I would eat my feelings and have a king size box of Milk Duds.
I love my life!

No comments: