Monday, May 2, 2011

A Day in the Life

Today I woke up at 7 am (I usually get up at 8) so that I could go to the grocery store. I was only half awake because I got a poopy night's sleep. I had to buy smoothie ingredients. Bubba and his best bud have started a smoothie business at school, which means his mom and I are in the smoothie business. Everyone in the class had to come up with a business for their mini-economy and they sell their items for scholar dollars. They can use the money they earn at the end of year carnival and also on other kid's items. Bubba is such a sweet boy. He's bought me a purple and green striped duct tape purse, Coconut a cute cloth bag with a dinosaur and his name on it, a full size candy bar for dad, popcorn for the whole family, and eggs with goop in them for each of his brothers. They take orders on Fridays, but had no school Friday so they took orders on Thurs. But they had a field trip on Thurs. and forgot to bring them home. So C's mom decided to make 7 chocolate chip and I would make 7 strawberry because we shorted some kids last week (due to the fact that our kids didn't have the orders with them). So hopefully everyone got what they needed today. So anyway, I had three wet beds (not sure what happened there), grocery store, smoothie making, and one over-flowing toilet all before 9 am. So I've had several loads of laundry and practically having to force Peanut to do his homework and get dressed before getting him off to school. Tonight at 5:30m Bubba's baseball team started showing up for batting practice. Last week on Mon. night the fields were flooded so they decided to have a batting practice here since we have a pitching machine and batting cage. Then on their Wed. night game, all of the kids that hit in the first inning ended up hitting the ball. They figured since it worked out so well, they would do it again tonight. Currently (including my boys) there are 14 boys in my backyard and 3 dads. And it's also raining on and off on them. I guess Mother Nature doesn't realize that it's May.

On another note-my book is coming along well. I ended up writing over 60 pages in one week. So I'm on 109 right now and B counted the word count in a couple of the books that I read and it sounds like my pages will end up doubling if it ever gets printed. I still have a section toward the beginning that I have to work on that I've been putting off because it involves more research than I've felt like doing. And I'm not even close to the ending yet. I have even thought of how it might continue if I were ever to write another one. I've been on a break for about a week now though while I've been reading another book by a local lady. I would highly suggest it because she's Christian and it's all very clean. The only thing that bugged a little was how much she talked about praying and God, etc. You can get the idea without having to over do it, but it was still a great story. It's called "Ice Moon" and I guess the second one is out this month. It's available on Amazon because it's a sort of self published book. Our coach's wife and I swap books and she met the lady back while she was still writing it so she let me borrow it. Fun stuff.

1 comment:

Janet said...

You are so brave to have that many boys batting in your backyard! Even with 3 dads! :) Congratulations on your book progress. I am so impressed. I'm looking forward to reading it when it's finished.