Monday, September 13, 2010




My visiting teacher brought me a watermelon the other day and we finally got around to cutting it last night for our FHE treat. B went to finish cutting the rest and couldn't find it. We all turned around and saw this. He was giggling like he'd done the funniest thing ever, which really he had. After I took his picture Jo Jo said, "Take my picture. Cheese."

He can now sing all the words to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" and the alphabet. He requests them each night for bedtime along with "Child" (I Am a Child of God). After a couple of nights he sang all the words to "Twinkle" as he calls it. And two nights ago I realized he could sing the whole alphabet. One of these nights I'm going to videotape him and hopefully with B's help I'll figure out how to post it. Oh, he also counts to 11. He gets the sweetest little soft voice when he sings or talks on the phone. It's the cutest thing.

Bubba's team won again Sat. 46-8 I was actually hoping the other team would score at the end because I felt so bad for them. At some point the other team's parents stop cheering and our parents kinda do too since we're so far ahead there's not really a need to get excited anymore. I always feel bad for the other team though because their parents should cheer through the whole thing even if there's no way for them to win. JP's team lost again, but at least this time it was 8-6. They're improving at least.

B's dad is staying with us for awhile while he does chemo. He's had lymphoma for two years now and has decided to come home to Idaho (instead of back East where he was) to finish up treatments. His step-mom left yesterday but will be back before his treatment on Fri. We made him a bedroom in the dining room so he has his own little room-oh except for the fact that he has no privacy whatsoever. Poor guy.

Busy week ahead with two parties for JP, scouts, RS meeting. Same old same old.

2 comments:

Delia said...

That is so nice that he can stay with you during a trying process.

Peanut is so funny! Those are cute pictures.

Janet said...

I can't believe how blonde Jo-Jo's hair is! Have any of your other boys been that blonde at the end of the summer before?

Good Luck with B's Dad. How many treatments will he have while staying with you? I understand that chemo makes people feel pretty sick and have read that peppermint ice cream helps. I hope everything goes well for all of you.