Thursday, September 23, 2010

Choose the Right

Yesterday my awesome 10 yr. old volunteered his lunch recess and extra recess time to work in the library. They had received a large book donation and needed to go through them to decide what to keep. Apparently someone must have donated their entire romance novel collection because he said they filled two boxes, a trash can, and a large trash bag with "inappropriate" books. He told B that he didn't read them or anything, but that he was able to tell they were "inappropriate" because they had a woman and man on the front. I was so incredibly proud of him. He not only gave up recess for service, but also made good choices about what is not right.

Cute Jo Jo sayings-
-Whenever he hears a train he likes to tell it to "bonk" the horn
-Papa had to go to the hospital over the weekend and he kept asking where he was going and we told him the hospital and he called it the "hostible"
-I asked him the other day if he wanted to lie down in my bed for a nap and he said, "Sure!"
-When Bubba and B go out to mow he asks, "Is daddy whoa-ing the mawn?"
There's lots of other cute things that I should've been writing down along the way because right now my mind is a blank. It's been a long day.

2 comments:

Delia said...

Cute Jo Jo.

Tell Bubba I am proud of him too!

Janet said...

Way to go Bubba! You can tell that he really listens to the Holy Ghost. I am proud of you too.

I love when you share cute Jo Jo sayings. It's like I can hear his voice as he's saying it. Very cute!