Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Camping


First tooth lost.


Goofing around the campfire.


Playing in the creek. I promise we feed JP. I think it's the way he's standing.


All the arrows Bubba shot right in a cluster. B said he just fired one right after the other like nothing.


Snuggling in sleeping bags.


Ready for the hike.

B took Peanut, Bubba, and JP camping this past weekend. They almost froze to death, but they toughed it out the whole weekend. Jo Jo and I hung out and had a chick flick film festival. I literally did almost nothing. (I did do one load of laundry and the dishes). It was really fun except for the part where he jumped on me on the couch the entire time. He missed daddy so much when it was time for bed. It was hard to get him down without his kiss from daddy.
They had a great time, caught 10 fish but only kept two to eat, went on a 7 mile hike up a mountain, shot bb guns and arrows, played in the creek, and got into town to get more hot dogs and stuff for smores. Oh and Peanut lost his first tooth yesterday before they left. It's a good thing he didn't lose it any earlier because I'm not sure if the tooth fairy would've found them all the way in the wilderness. I made them get in the shower as soon as they walked in the door. Bubba commented to B one night that he knew it must be hard for him not being with me. He told him that he missed me, but he was sure dad missed me even more. I'm so happy that they know how much their parents love each other. I missed my sweet husband so much. He looked like Grizzly Adams when he got home and everyone smelled like campfire. I'm so glad they had such a great time.

2 comments:

Janet said...

What a fun camping trip! I've been wanting to do a family trip for a while but it is so stinkin' hot here--forget it. Congratulations on Peanut's first tooth!

O.k.-totally love Bubba's comments about you and B.

Delia said...

What a fun time! Yay for losing that first tooth.

That is really sweet that Bubba notices that you and B love each other.