Friday, December 11, 2009

My Sweet Boys

So I'm not copying my friend's blog. I've been wanting to do this for awhile. I just want to take the time to record how much I love each of my boys and where they're at right now.



Bubba
My first born. So tiny. You came out grumpy and stayed that way for the first year of your life. You earned the nickname Professor Grumpy Pants. You were so mischievous and daring. You are such a sweet big brother. Such a great example to your little brothers. You were so responsible and independent from such an early age. I'm so proud of your decision to be baptized. I can't believe how big you are. You don't like little boy toys anymore and you're growing up way too fast. Even though you're bigger now, you still come up to me every so often and ask for a kiss. Yesterday I was in the laundry room and you came in and said, "Mommy I need a kiss." Then I kissed you and you said, "Now I feel better." You still melt my heart, even though you argue to the death with me daily.




JP
My sweet little fluffy boy. You still have the most buttery soft skin. You are my tenderhearted boy. You are sensitive and used to be shy, but you have really come out of your shell. Such a good eater from the very beginning, you will still try and eat almost anything. You have always had smiling eyes and are still so silly at times. You are so smart and I can't believe you're reading skills. Such a good big brother, you have been so helpful and tender with the baby and still play little boy games with Peanut sometimes. You love to give me kisses and hugs daily. You have been known to throw yourself onto the floor when asked to work, but you are a good worker when you finally do it.



Peanut
My sweet little Peanut. Hot Lava Man. Still my sweet little boy. My boy who loves puzzles, building massive structures with Legos, and anything that makes your mind work. You amaze me. Truly my boy with your organization of your "stuff." I love when you make silly faces. Such a sweet brother to play with your baby, but you don't like when he knocks down your towers. Your speech is so mature and sometimes I can't believe some of the things you say. My picky eater who "hates" this dinner every night. You live off of fruit snacks and frozen waffles. Your laugh is contagious. And I love your poky hair that never wants to lie down.



Jo Jo
Sweet baby boy. You will always be my baby. You are the craziest of all. You will jump off of and climb anything you can find. You want to be just like your big brothers and throw yourself into the mix. You remind me of Bubba because you want to do everything yourself. I can't believe how much you are talking. You are like JP in that way. My snuggly boy that insists on mama holding you a lot. You like to follow me around and do what I'm doing. When I'm not around you have to make sure that you know where I am. You warm my heart when you get so excited and yell, "Mama" when I get home from being away from you.


I really have the best boys on the planet, though they drive me crazy on a daily basis and often send me to my closet for a time out. The sweet memories outweigh the bad by far. Heavenly Father sure knew what he was doing when he sent you all to me.

3 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

That was so sweet. It was fun to see those baby pictures of the older boys.

Janet said...

Oh my goodness! I just want to pick them up and hug them all! I loved reading this post. Thank you for sharing it.

Pooka said...

That was awesome! I'm glad we both had the same thought.