Friday, August 29, 2008

Yay for School!!


So hooray for school starting! Can I tell you how much simpler my life has gotten this week since school started? It is so easy to run errands with just two kids-especially since they are the mild mannered ones. Peanut only gets out of control when his big brothers are around, so he's been so chill this week just hanging out by himself playing legos and cars and doing puzzles. So Bubba has entered the world of 3rd grade. He came home the first day and said that they're motto is, "3rd graders rule the school." He also has taken to carrying a messenger bag instead of his backpack because it's "cooler." JP is in 1st grade this year. He seemed a little worried that he wouldn't get in the heart at school. The teacher has a big heart drawn on the board and if she catches you doing something nice or working hard, she puts your name in there and gives you a skittle at the end of the day. So he didn't get in on the first day and was convinced he would never get in there. Poor kid got my low self-esteem issues. Anyway, he ended up in the heart by the third day! He was very excited and proud of himself. Bubba also got a character counts award already for offering his teacher some help with opening a water bottle. We also finally found Mario Cart Race for the Wii that we've been searching hi and low for for the last 3 months or so. So that has been the after school activity of choice this week. I've been pulling my hair out today because they already had their first day off for teacher inservice. Luckily, they're going to the farm later today to help out for the weekend and I'll be by myself with Cart-man until late tomorrow night. Don't get me wrong, I love my boys, but sometimes they make me want to bash my head into a wall repeatedly. In better news, my youngest brother just got his mission call to Cebu, Philippines! He is so excited. He really wanted to go somewhere that he could learn an Asian language. I also noticed in my brief online research that a temple will be completed ther sometime in 2010 during his mission. How exciting!

2 comments:

Jared and Delia said...

I wish I could help you with the playlist thing but I have never put one on my blog. Good luck.

It sounds like you guys had so much in CA.

I love to hear stories about your boys. I am glad that I am not the only mom who loves my child(ren) SOOO much but wants a break every once in a while too.

Pooka said...

I can't believe how big they are! You oldest looks just like your hubby! The last time we saw you guys he was 18mos old. Wow time flies!