Monday, December 5, 2011

Coco's 1st Trip to the Dentist

So Coconut has NOT wanted to go to the dentist. I'm not sure why because he watches his brothers and the dentist is our neighbor, his best buddy's dad, and in our ward. So I decided that since he will be 4 in a month, he didn't have a choice anymore. So I scheduled him for today and didn't tell him until this morning.
I said, "We're going to the dentist today."
C-"For Peanut?"
M-"No, for you."
C-"NO!"
I was ready for a battle, but surprisingly, when we got there and I told him he could watch TV while they brushed his teeth, he was totally cool about it. The hygienist was awesome and explained everything. He loved "Mr. Thirsty" and would giggle every time she would use it. He also let her do fluoride, which Bubba always whines about. And Dr. Oto came and counted his teeth and checked for sugar bugs and he doesn't have any cavities. Yay-that makes 2 kids at least. Bubba has great teeth (like I did as a kid), JP just had 1 cavity not too long ago, and poor little Peanut has like 6 fillings. :( I just went in for my cleaning and there have been a couple of spots he's been watching, so he wanted to do one filling. Well, he got in there and it was like the other one I had-it got bigger the further he went in. He discovered that the last dentist did sealants over decay-so yay for me I get to have all but one of my molars filled. Only two left this week. Whatever he did last week when he did two, I told him to do it again because my teeth went numb so I couldn't fill the drill, but my face didn't go numb and I didn't have a migraine after. Funny story about sugar bugs: Bubba just asked me not that long ago (remember he's 11)about what sugar bugs looked like and how big they were. I laughed so hard and told him that they weren't really real. They just use that when you're little to explain plaque and how to clean your teeth. Too cute.
More to come for our Christmas letter. I've decided to save money and not send out pictures and letters this year-except to each of the grandparents. I figure they get thrown out anyway. So I'll post our letter and family picture as soon as I can get everyone to sit in front of the tree.

1 comment:

Delia said...

Cute post. Reid hates the dentist too, except he's not cool with it when we go. He screams the whole time and clings to me.