Friday, September 16, 2011

Conversations With a 3 1/2 Year Old


So yesterday I was driving to the middle of nowhere for JP's scrimmage and Coconut was having a long conversation with me. He starts each sentence with, "MOM!" then says whatever it is and as soon as he's done he yells, "MOM!" again. All of his thoughts are completely random and I'd love to know what goes on in that little brain of his. So here's a sample of what he told me.
C-MOM!
M-What?
C-That'd be sick if motorcylces went off ramps and you didn't fall off.
M-Yeah.
C-MOM!
M-What?
C-That'd be scary if we were hunting Big Foot at night.
M-Yeah.
C-MOM!
M-What?
C-That'd be cool if we didn't have a house and we lived at coach's house and we could ride on the dummies. (The football dummies that he and Peanut are obsessed with playing on everyday).
M-Yeah.

Then he became obsessed with Big Foot. How he even knows who Big Foot is beyond me. And even more baffling is that he used the word "sick" and used it correctly. Then on the way home he talked about Big Foot some more. He told me that he lived far away over the mountains and past the jungle. I kept assuring him that there's no such thing as Big Foot-although I'm not so convinced myself that there isn't. But he doesn't need to have nightmares about it. Also, he must watch a movie every time we're in the car. So he talks through the whole thing.
C-MOM, remember that one part where...
Bubba gets really annoyed and tells him to stop talking and just watch it. It is kind of annoying. Sometimes I would just like to listen to my CDs in peace. But it's such a fun part of his personality that I wouldn't change it. I feel a little bad that he's growing up so fast. He doesn't even talk like a little boy anymore. Gotta love those big brothers for what they teach him.

1 comment:

Alonna Randall said...

Nicole, you are such a good writer. It is so fun to read about the boys and their comments. What a good mom to teach your boys how to work. It will pay off in big dividends in their lives.